1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Anyone tempted by a day one Sandybridge purchase?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ph4ZeD, 3 Jan 2011.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I used it here: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2011/01/07/how-to-overclock-the-intel-core-i5-2500k/4

The latest BIOS' are much better than the pre-launch ones that's for sure. It's a decent board, but the ASUS P8P67 Pro is often slightly cheaper with better features imo. I've not used that one mind, but I've seen some good reviews.

2. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Also reviews here and here, although I'm sure Bindi's is better... ;)

3. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Yep I am in the process of putting together a 2500K or 2600K Sandybridge build (the only difference being the processors).

I am helping out a colleague at work by selling him my i7 920 system for a very good price (sans 460's) so I need to build something new and well it can only be SB!

My i7 system needed some money thrown at it to bring it back up to date (Win 7 and an SSD to start for example) and I really want to try Eyefinity (1GB on my 460's isn't enough for proper multi monitor gaming), therefore it makes more sense to start from scratch with a new build than update my existing one.

4. ardz

ardz What's a Dremel?

Cheers, :thumb: couldn't see the wood for the trees. Does look slightly better on paper but I think I'll go with the Gigabyte; I'm running an Asus P5KC at the moment have been for the past few years with a Q6600 and I've had nothing but headaches from it - was my first Asus mobo too so it's kind of put me off the brand a bit :lol:

5. Cyber

Cyber What's a Dremel?

Yeah, i was very tempted by the ASUS P8P67 Pro but then i saw that MSI are offering VAT back until the 17th Jan. And saving the £20 over the ASUS is just too good to pass up imo :D

6. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

Thanks for that, saved me some grief, I probably wouldn't have spotted that! Cutout is too high, just :(. Posting from my new build :D