1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Good car for 6k?

Discussion in 'General' started by grritsshawn, 11 Jan 2011.

1. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

well im only 17 can't afford a good muscle and the car i get will have bear minimum insurance the i was looking i seen a 2000 porche boxster for like 9k and even a honda s2000 year 2001 for 8k the mr2s seems nice and reminding me of a Ferrari and a porche if they mated and made some kind of baby also because its a toyota so i wont have trouble going fast in that XD

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

If 17 year old's weren't so intent on going fast, they wouldn't have to pay so much for insurance.

Keep speed on the track, not on the roads.

3. grritsshawn

4. line2008

line2008 What is this "dremel" you speak of?

this. I cant stand the mk1 MR2's so damn ugly, my father got a mk2 jap import, its quick as hell, nice looking car aswell

5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

+1

Get a large engined BMW. They are dirt cheap in the US. Or maybe a Mercedes. At least then you can travel in style and comfort.

If I lived in the US I would definitively get an M5 or 540. Having something like that in Norway would cost an arm and a leg (And you would still be a small fortune out of pocket).

:thumb:

6. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

:(

I don't like the Mk3 much, but the Mk1 and Mk2 are both beautiful cars IMO. The Mk2 is definitely more easy to like, but the Mk1's design gives me a feeling that no other car has managed..

Mk1 = an isosceles triangle
    Mk2 = Ferrari 355
    Mk3 = Ferrari 360.. with some imagination

7. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

This thread reminds me of this...

How often will you have time to repair this vehicle when it breaks down? Everyone I know with cars like you've mentioned seem to have nothing but problems with them.

docodine likes this.
  8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

9. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

If you can get a BMW, I'd have a look around for a good condition E46 320, 325, 330... I've got a used E46 320D Touring with leather sport seats and love it! Fantastic comfortable, practical and fun car to drive. But I would still prefer a 330D if I could afford it, or heck an M3.

Good luck.

10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

They aren't that common in the US and I certainly wouldn't call them comfortable. The money goes on the performance so they have very basic interiors, hard ride and lots of cabin noise. Awesome cars they might be but they are far from comfortable.

11. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

WTF? Why do people do stuff like that to their cars? The sad thing is that some of the cars do have some good work done to them, but then it gets ruined by half-assed work on other parts of the car.

To be honest, I don't think you'll find many diesels in the US. But yeah, the 6cyl diesels is supposedly very nice (never tried one myself).

12. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

MR2 is a nasty car. Really rubbish.

Thats my opinion anyway, no offence intended.

13. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

I'm amazed at this thread. Rice is for gays and idiots over there. A V8, whilst nice, is ludicrously impractical for a 17yr old. I already said it, and Smilodon confirmed it. Something comfortable from Germany, with decent build quality and some beef behind it, is the way to go.

Any E46 is gonna be smoother than a Toyota or Honda or equivalent age and cost. And you won't look like a girl. Driving a BMW in the UK, tends to make you look a cock. Driving a BMW over there is just a bloody good choice. A Benz would be even nicer. In fact let's just think about this....

At 17, why the hell are you spending $6000 on a CAR??? Get yourself a late W124 E Class from the mid-90s for peanuts. It'll be built like a tank, fully loaded, comfortable, quick, and will do intergalactic mileages. Then once you've had some more experience, move up.

14. grritsshawn

Well ive been looking and seen a couple jaguar x type/s type/, some bmw 325i/528i/328i/318i/740i , and even looked into Chrysler 300 as an option. I sat in my uncles mr2s today and not much room when ur 6 foot 2 and 220 pounds ha

Last edited: 12 Jan 2011
  15. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

300 is a viable choice. I did 3000m in the V6 in 2007. 80% E class running gear underneath, decent stock audio and very comfortable.

16. grritsshawn

i agree i mean the car is amazing but i will save for a body kits for the 300 haha

17. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

One day, you'll realise that lowered suspension and different wheels look WAAAAY better.

Then you'll get to my age and realise that it doesn't really matter!

A 300 in a body kit will just make you look like a mid-level drug dealer from The Wire.

18. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Agree with okenobi there.

To be honest, a well maintained car looks way better than a styled car.

The 300 for instance would look awesome in black, with black tinted windows.

All this, of course, is a matter of taste.
    Personally I think ricers look ridiculous, especially when the shape/lines of the body kit doesn't fit the rest of the car at all.

19. grritsshawn

well if i did a ricer i would blend it all in and stuff but the part im stuck is the 300 or jaguar s class, i mean something is just so beatuiful about that car when boughten i will paint them both all black no chrome at all

20. kylesaisgone

kylesaisgone What's a Dremel?

If you're 17, you should save your money. I was like you, I dumped a bunch of money in a used car, got speeding tickets (Best was 110mph in a 55), lost my license, insurance is super expensive for the next couple years, and when I got my license back, my engine finally gave out and I put a push rod through my block. Save your money until you can buy a decent car, establish a good driving record, get a decent job, and if you wanna drive fast then, do it to your hearts content. I set myself back financially for a good 5 years because of being an irresponsible teenager, and so did plenty of my friends. I don't recommend it, at all.