1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Razer, how you vex me...

Discussion in 'General' started by outlawaol, 12 Jan 2011.

1. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

[RANT]So I have had two razer mice. One of which did last me awhile (around 2 years). The other about 4 months. Woot.com had a refurb mouse for $30, decent price considering most new ones run around $75 or more. Well the stupid thing started to have a mind of its own and move the mouse about all its own. I thought it was a driver issue but nope, it was the mouse itself having a glitchout. (woot warranty was 30 days... gah.. )

So, I will never buy another razer mouse if I can. Overly priced POS. Just picked up a Logitech mx518 and it feels solid and nicely ergonomic (something I cant say about razer mice really at all). And a replacement warranty to top it all off, wear and tear covered. [END RANT]

Kylevdm likes this.
  2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

All brands are overpriced. All brands break easily. All brands can have lemons. All brands can have indestructible units

It's all just a matter of luck (either good or bad)

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I've had this with my mamba, turned out it was picking up minute vibrations from my desk due to the extremely high sensitivity. I got a Razer mousemat dinnermat for it, eliminated problem.

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Yeah, don't get too hung up on the brand. I've been screwed by most of the brands now adorning my current hardware - like knuck said, every brand has lemons. Some Razer gear is really, really good.

5. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I've bought a razor mouse a few years ago, I've never gotton it to work (on mac). Even though I did some searches beforehand and quite a fem claimed it was possible (with written how-to's). I tried using it at work (Windows) but even there I can't get it to work...

Maybe I got a broken unit, I'll never know. It sits in my drawer, collecting dust.

I just got an Mx510 instead and never looked back.

6. kylesaisgone

kylesaisgone What's a Dremel?

Isn't that the point of refurb? Refurb products are offered at a cheaper rate than brand new, working products, because there's a potential they might not work correctly. Judging a brand based on a bad refurb purchase isn't very constructive.

Anyways, I own Razer products myself, and I generally regard them the same as Apple products. They look nice and maybe offer some unique functionality, and I willingly pay the premium.

7. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Except apple products just work!

8. kylesaisgone

kylesaisgone What's a Dremel?

I've never had a problem with my Razer products.

9. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

I have to say ive been using razer products for a long while now (I have a razer tarantula keyboard and mamba mouse) and I can honestly say they are the best ive come across so far,I previously owned Logitech gaming equipment the G15 MK1 keyboard and the G9X mouse they were both pants with problems galore even the replacements when I got them were also poor. I guess you get good and bad with all makes and models as yet ive not had any issues with razer equipment time will tell

10. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

+1. It's a mouse; why would you buy a secondhand peripheral that's been in some sweating bloke's hand for God only knows how long?!

11. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

refurb should work as new... though sometimes dont... refurb car anyone?

however I always buy 2nd hand/refurb because I'm poor...

never had a mouse go wrong in my life though

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I had the same issue with my Mamba. Turns out a firmware update kicked it back into touch.

I love my razer products, my diamondback got "borrowed" by a dog, and still works (It's also about five years old, possibly older), my Lachesis has been going for.. Two years so far, and that's my "portable" mouse.

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I have had a lot of problems with both my own Razer products (one headset, one mouse and one keyboard in a 7 year history of gaming) and have also repaired lots of other people's Razer products, mostly their headsets. They just seem to be a problematic brand, especially in the hands (or on the heads) of angry young gamers :p Their radical design techniques make them more difficult products to manufacture in a sturdy way, and I think that's where the majority of their problems lie. Logitech and Steelseries, as well as Sennheiser (I'm currently gaming with a Sennheiser headset) seem to know how to keep it simpler, whilst still producing leading edge products. Yeah, I've also repaired lots of Logitech mice and even some Sennheiser products like mics and headsets, but nowhere near as many as their Razer competitors.

14. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

I had the same glitchy cursor problem but with the Habu, replaced it with the Copperhead and its been going strong for almost two years. It even survived being soaked in JD & Coke, stopped working for a week but eventually came back to life when it dried out. Before that I always used cheap mice (£5-10) and tbh, they worked exactly the same and I dont even use all the fancy macro buttings and settings on my Razer.

15. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I've had a Deathadder for as long as I can remember, litterally years now, and it's still going strong. Never had any problems with it regardless of numerous drops and bangs etc. Great piece of kit and I will definitly be buying Razer again when I need a new one.