1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant I'm sitting next to you and listening to your music...

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 18 Jan 2011.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

There is this dude right now and im listening to his music clearly as if the headphones are on my head....

Don't get me wrong i love loud music as much as the next guy but seriously... this is supposed to be "silent study room" and he is listening to that bad rapper dude :duh:

2. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

So challenge him to a dance off.

mvagusta likes this.
  3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

You used the word rapper and music in the same sentence. I cast thee out, heathen! :lol:

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My apologies :hehe:

5. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

what's the point in listening to rap loudly? maybe he is trying to deafen himself so he wont have to listen to his shitty music anymore?

6. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

Punch him in the ****ing spleen.

7. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

Start dancing to it right in his personal space... and tell him to turn it up.

8. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Poke him and ask him nicely to turn down the volume because it distracts you.

9. LJF

LJF Modded

Are/were they standard iPod ear buds?

They're one of my most hated things in the world. So, so common and the sound quality is so incredibly poor quality. I honestly think allow as much sound to escape out away from your ears as they do into them! (I wonder if it's a case of "i've got an iPod, listen to me because i'm cool" by design).

I was recently commuting by train and I could clearly hear the lyrics of the track someone was listening to on their iPod from 3 rows away on the opposite side of the carriage.

Apologies for the rant hi-jack!

10. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Start singing. Only not so loud that everyone hears, just enough for him to. (I think something sickeningly pop top 40 chart worthy would be suitable)

I can only imagine the said leaky headphones are none other than iPod specials so in reality he's not getting much volume at all so hopefully he'll hear you :p

11. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Start singing the lyrics of the song he is listening to - only with a delay of 2 seconds. Will surely be enough to piss him off :D

12. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

okay well take the cord wrap it around his throat and start choking him while gently smashing his head off the table telling if you every try to touch my ass again ill kill you!!!

People will look and think he is weird and ur fine

13. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Or you could just do what normal adults do in virtually every country except for the UK and ask him politely to turn his music down.

14. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

get some scissors and cut the headphone cable and say "Next time i can hear your music, ill cut your balls off, Have a Nice Day"

mvagusta likes this.
  15. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Bang out some kick ass dance moves bro, challenge his wigger ass! +ali g clicky hand thing+

Failing that, get a tiny pair of wire cutters and just cut a tiny bit of his head phone cable... instant amused

16. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

adults in the UK are not normal? Which country defines normal so i can follow their example :D

Joking aside why are we the only lot who don't do things like that? I would do the same as DeadP1xels, sit there and silently wish the earth would open up and swallow said music listener whole.

17. kylesaisgone

kylesaisgone What's a Dremel?

The only point to listening to music so loudly is to get other people to notice. I'd laugh at him, because by the time he's 50, he'll probably have lost most of his hearing, then he'll be depressed and life will suck for him.

18. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Hence my comment about not normal. Adults in the UK tend to be the biggest bunch of passive aggressive whiners you'll meet. We may ridicule the yanks for getting shouty and being uncouth in restaurants, but at least they complain when the service is **** instead of whispering away for an hour and a half and then complaining lots once they've left.

Same thing here, people from most countries would just politely ask the jerk to turn his music down, and the jerk would probably comply. Instead we get all passive aggressive and start having revenge fantasies such as all the silly stuff spouted above, while stewing away in our own juices and quietly becoming more and more misanthropic.

19. Canon

Canon Reformed

Take his earphones out, shove the earphones in his eye sockets, shove the jack up his ****, shove him out the nearest window and if there's a supervisor tell them chuck norris dropped by and isn't a fan of **** music.

Psycho likes this.
  20. kylesaisgone

kylesaisgone What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop:

Lol'd hard