1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware ViewSonic VP2365wb Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 18 Jan 2011.

1. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Yep, I vote for some real numbers too. Subjective comparison has its place, but it would be better backed up with a bit of science.

2. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

They don't need monitor calibration equipment, they could do it with a DSLR.

They could also capture real screen grabs of xbox and ps3 games with a £150 Blackmagic card.

I seem to remember once having words with one of their reviewers by email about the utter pointlessness of some of their soundcard testing, although I gave up reading those at that point so they may have improved.

The testing of graphics cards, CPUs and motherboards seems to be microscopically in-depth by comparison and it's a shame this can't be improved.

P

3. tigertop1

tigertop1 What's a Dremel?

Some information missing on this review. Does the monitor run at 60MHz or 120? If it is 120 ,and I suspect it is not, is it fully HDCP compliant at 120MHz? The difference in quality on screen is important . I would never again choose a 60 MhZ only screen.

I agree strongly with those who have said much more needs to be done in terms of information provided and monitor calibration.

4. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

Wut?? No HDMI port? Man I would pay them $10 more if only they include HDMI port, but this way I reather stick with Dell u2311.

5. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Looks nice. Unfortunately for me, I bought a new monitor too recently to buy this too. Mine cost only $50 less :(

However i'm still happy with my purchase. My only gripe is the view angle. But it has a higher resolution and HDMI inputs. I was originally going to buy that Dell that was reviewed a while back. At the time it was $240 ish. I came back the next day with a credit card and they jacked the price up to $350. I settled on an Acer model, its a TN panel though. Would love to get my grubby little hands on this just to see what all the fuss over IPS is.

6. Doglobster

Doglobster What's a Dremel?

+1
    Bit-Tech wouldn't review a hard drive and say it "seems" faster.

7. coliea

coliea What's a Dremel?

I've recently just purchased a HP LP2475W for £357 delivered which meets each of your requirements except the zero dead pixel gaurantee, but I've purchased hundreds of monitors in teh past few years at work (mostly cheap TN panels) and I think dead/stuck pixels are a rarity.

This HP is absolutely stunning when properly calibrated - it's way too bright out of the box - and betters my Samsung 215TW which itself is a pretty good PVA monitor.

IMO for £360 the LP2475W is hard to beat (the same panel can be found in Eizo models costing ~£1k) with Display Port, HDMI, DVI, and a host of other connectivity inputs - check out the reviews on Trusted Reviews, PRAD, TFT Central etc, but take the bit-tech review with a pinch of salt... all LP2475W monitors have a H-IPS panel.

Col

8. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

It's a big shame that the 1920x1200 monitors are so few and far between. The difference in price between Dell's U2410 and U2311 is just insane. £335 for just 120 extra pixels. Are we going to have to accept that people only want to buy TVs and monitors that have 1080 somewhere in the spec?

About bit-tech's reviews, I agree they lack some hard figures but I actually like to read a nice short subjective review of the monitor. I actually trust bit-tech reviewers' judgement as they have proven to show eye for detail and demand for quality in other reviews. Sometimes I just want to be told "get this one - it's good". If I want charts and figures I can always look at TFT Central.

I'm looking forward to seeing more bit-tech monitor reviews this year, especially if they come in the 1920x1200 flavour! :)

9. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Unlucky... :)

10. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Zero dead pixel policy is worth its wait in gold.

Shame about the lack of inputs though.

Brought my Samsung from SCAN and they were merciless with me when it had several dead pixels, refusing to exchange.

No, they are not always as nice as everyone says, would never buy a monitor from them again - you would get a more sympathetic response from Amazon.

11. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

This is going into my bookmarks so I don't forget about it come tax time.

12. carl_camper

carl_camper What's a Dremel?

You're referring to the ZR24W, which is actually the successor to the aforementioned LP2475W.

Its 24 inches, has a 1920 x 1200 resolution, and best of all, has a standard gamut, meaning that for movies and games, there will be no need to calibrate the monitor to remove the oversaturation of colors that extended gamut monitors like the LP2475W show on most applications(the LP2475W makes blues look purple)

It has virtually no input lag, and has one of the fastest response times among IPS panels, that you can't go wrong, really! (Price is very reasonable too, about £270 from the UAE)

13. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I agree, its a fantastic monitor.

14. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

I can't stand "any" ghosting at all. If you know how to look you'll see it. It's more prevalent than you realize. Thankfully 120hz has closed the gap between CRTs and lcds but we are not there yet. That will be the perfect LCD to me.

15. Sterkenburg

Sterkenburg To mod or not to mod...

I don't get it - this seems inferior to the EA32WMi-BK, in the quality of the stand, the lack of DisplayPort (really? in 2010?) and the price (speaking in Canadian dollars, the NEC was $55 cheaper last week than this ViewSonic monitor is - prices from http://www.shopbot.ca/m/?m=ea23wmi-bk)

I haven't SEEN the monitors calibrated side-by-side, so I really don't know if there is much of a difference, but I DO know that I haven't seen anything at all that can surpass my NEC monitor in quality.

16. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I forgot to mention STANDARD gamut display, not interested in wide gamut at all otherwise trust me I would, and the LP series does indeed have the warranty I desire :p

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Anyone know how this stacks up against the Dell U2311H, as Dell are offering the 2311 for under 200 notes at the moment?

I like the look of both of them, but I think the Dell is edging it with the extra ports.

18. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

[​IMG]

Taken from TFT Central

19. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

To those complaining about HDMIL €10 buys you a dongle to turn DVI-D into HDMI.
    All you need to worry about (if you connect stuff with DRM-ed misery) that is has HDCP (which is also the same on DVI and HDMI)

BTW I even saw those dongles on sale at the local DIY hardware store, they are available everywhere.

20. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

Addendum: that was the Euro sign that failed to display, it is 2011 though..

Tags: Add Tags