1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Facebook Chat Broken For Everyone Or Just Me?

Discussion in 'General' started by talladega, 21 Jan 2011.

1. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Is anyone else having major troubles with facebook chat?

The past week I have been having lots of troubles with facebook chat. When talking to people it keeps showing on their chat that I am signing offline then online and their messages don't always send to me. And when I send messages to them they often get duplicated or not sent at all or take a long time to send.

Sometimes they appear to be offline but the messages will send still.

I have tried facebook chat 3 different ways and it does the same thing every time. I have used IE8 at work, I have used Firefox on my computer, and I have used Trillian on my computer.

I sent a bug report to facebook but I'm not sure how effective that will be...

anyone else experiencing similar problems?

2. bagman

bagman Minimodder

yeah i have had some difficulties to manly people signing in and off all the time really annoying

Last edited: 21 Jan 2011
  3. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I use Facebook chat through msn after I started getting issues with it. Best plan to use it through there as it's actually fairly stable!

4. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

if you didn't have so many manly friends they wouldn't be signing on and off all the time. :D

I have the same problems though. Whenever i try to talk to anyone it shows them signing off and then on about a hundred times. I just send messages now.

5. bagman

bagman Minimodder

opps :blush: i will keep it up though for lols

6. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I got message that chat was down for maintenance for nearly a whole day. upgrade?

7. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

@chimmy09, yeah thats what was happening to you and me the other day

@jhanlon303, they were doing maintenance? when was that? because these problems only started in the past week or so.

maybe the maintenance is profile specific like they have done with other upgrades. so maybe those of us who are having these problems havent had our profiles serviced yet?

at first i only noticed this with my gf as thats primarily who i talk to and i thought it was because of her internet connection. but it kept getting worse and worse and then i talked to chimmy09 and a few other people on FB and they said it was happening too.

then my gf said she was talking to one of our mutual friends and it wasn't happening between them, so i realized it was only me and not her.

also, for those who are having this problem you should send in a 'Chat Disconnect' issue report.

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

facebook chat is unstable at the best of times, i just turn it off now.

9. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Facebook chat is terrible and always has been. I remember when everyone used MSN messenger and while it wasn't the best thing it was generally stable and quite reliable.

I think I actually miss it! Unfortunately most the people I know just use FB chat. I stick to phone calls now!

10. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

me and the gf have switched to mainly using skype now. I agree fb chat has never been that reliable, and with 500,000,000 users i guess its understandable. But the way it is right now is just rather ridiculous.

11. October

October Mariachi Style

One of my friends had this exact issue one night, got so bad I have up trying. It was only that one niht though, haven't noticed it with him or anyone else since.

12. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

*deleted by poster*

Last edited: 13 Nov 2017
  13. Arcadiu

Arcadiu What's a Dremel?

Happening to me too. My friends keep going offline and online and I randomly go offline. Bear in mind most of my friends are on iPhones, iPod touches so that could be the problem. They need to stop changing things so soon.