1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Ah, those were the days when I had triops. Well they were until one badass one ate all the others.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Fair enough!

Will we get to see pics of the paint job?

3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

£7.35 for a student ticket, on an over 18 showing to see The Dilemma. I went with 3 friends, so they got just under £30 from us 4 alone...

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

You're absolutely right Pookey.

You need to go back and re-read my last few posts on this. I have been working on this sale for almost 2 months. The amount of time and effort that I have already spent designing the case and going through specifications and designs with the guy has thus far gone unpaid. I tried my best to sell him on going for the better spec'd system but he was having none of it. I'm not going to turn around after weeks and weeks of discussions and tell him that I won't build the machine with an X6 CPU because I think it's the wrong choice. His money, his decision. As nchhabs said, I showed him all the options, all the figures and he settled on the 1055T CPU provided I can overclock it for him and I agreed that when finished with his chosen component list, the system will play all the games that he told me he wanted it to run at high detail and it also has some headroom for new games too. The guy buys a new PC off me every 2-3 years anyway. I ain't complaining...

And the case is not customized. It's a scratch build. Raw aluminium goes in, one of a kind PC case comes out.

I keep as few parts in stock as possible. PC components lose value too fast for me to keep money tied up in stuff on the shelf. I usually buy components and materials as I need them. Keep spares of some things like optical drives, hard drives and occasionally a couple of PSUs but that's about all.

Yeah sure, I can upload some to the modding section once I get the chassis built and painted. That will of course be once the skimlinks have been removed from bit-tech. My decision to postpone posting any work logs or modding entries here stands until they are gone. See //this post for full explanation.

Last edited: 23 Jan 2011
  5. Canon

Canon Reformed

CA P90!
    [​IMG]

Decided a long time ago playing with full size AEGs is not my game. I like to move fast/hide/creep all of which are near impossible with a 1:1 scale replica of a rifle and even most SMGs are a nightmare to run around with. Could have picked up a pistol but like most people I find it quite expensive to keep running with gas and they always seem to get sold within a week as I have particular taste in pistols and order them in from afar and everyone makes me ridiculous offers. I guess it makes sense, very short, light and when indoors I can hide in dark corners and play my usual 'wait for 2/3 guys to pass, leave a welt on their backsides and progress'. Only a matter of time before I have a stubby silencer w/ extended barrel on there or perhaps a tracer unit.

6. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Go for dual P90s, and then spray and pray.

Although that's a lot of BBs.

7. Canon

Canon Reformed

And I would have to reload with my teeth.....don't get me wrong I'm game for that but with P90 magazines that could be problematic to say the least :p

8. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Arctic 5 grease, MB standoffs, solder for my iron. Playing with a Cooler Master case.

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Yate Loon D14SL-12 1000rpm fan;
    MagiCool 140mm radiator;
    Phobya Lanyard 45cm with carabiner (for shits and giggles);
    GTX460 EK waterblock with backplate.

I can finally see my PC getting totally finished! Whoop!

10. Sirwashbrook

Sirwashbrook Bacon is good for me!

Had a little spend this month !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Sealey 40pc tap and die set
    2x A4 acrylic sheets
    15cm pci x16 extension

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

1 easyjet return ticket to Rome. 5 nights in a youth hostel 1 bedroom with en suite bathroom. Now to get ready to start walking, big time. Leaving thurs morning. Wish me luck.

13. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

a caramel macchiato from starbucks

14. ColoursFadeAway

ColoursFadeAway What's a Dremel?

Interesting looking bag, where is that from?

15. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

I'd also like to know where its from, looks very cool

16. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

5 mini doughnuts, 6 cans of ginger beer and a spicy jerk chicken sandwich from Waitrose.

The sandwich is pretty much the best one I can find anywhere.

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

This man speaketh the truth

18. Sirwashbrook

Sirwashbrook Bacon is good for me!

19. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

How's the RoF/Kickback (if any) on this, Canon?

20. Canon

Canon Reformed

Aint been tested yet but out of the box guesstimate ROF would sit around 800-900 rounds per min with the stock battery, however when upgrades are done and lipo is in I would expect around 1200 at least. As with most AEGs not really a kickback on it, just the feeling of the mechanisms vibrating the externals a little. Going to take a look at what parts I may need to get it running as quiet as possible.

I've easily spent >£1k on EBB :D