1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Coolermaster Elite 430, any good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Moleo, 24 Jan 2011.

1. Moleo

Moleo What's a Dremel?

I'm looking for a case cool enough for an overclocked i5 2500k (Thermaltake Frio cooler) and GTX 570 (or 580), but also something small, not too expensive. The 430 also has a window which is nice. Does anyone have suggestions for that kind of criteria? or know whether the 430 will even fit the thermaltake frio?

Also as a side-note, should I be looking for more than a 650W truepower or 750W HX as a PSU?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Groovedude

Groovedude Minimodder

3. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Looks kinda of tacky IMO. Look at the Antec 300, Coolermaster CM 690 II Lite, Coolermaster HAF 912.
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/antec-300-three-hundred-black-midi-tower-ultimate-gaming-case-w-o-psu
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/coolermaster-cm-690-ii-lite-black-mid-tower-case-w-o-psu
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/coolermaster-haf-912-plus-black-mid-tower-case-w-o-psu
    Here's a link for the case moleo is asking about if anybody wants a look
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cool...-side-window-120mm-front-led-blue-fan-w-o-psu.
    I know the above cases are a tad more pricy but that's a lot of expensive kit you have. It would be a shame to put it into a case that looks like you won it in a lucky bag.
    EDIT: Have to get quicker.

4. Judderman

Judderman What's a Dremel?

I just got one actually for what sounds like exactly the same build.

It's alright. It fits a Asus P8P67 Pro with a Frio with space for 5 fans (if only just) and with the couple I've got on it has decent airflow. I like the style too, but the build quality just isn't very good. Half the plastic bolts holding the front panel on have already broken, and the metal of the case is generally flimsy. No cable tidying features at all also, mine looks like a king rat.

Only get it if you are really bugeting like me, and even then I think there are probably better cases. I only got is for the dirt cheap offer.

5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Sorry for the hijack. How are you finding that board? I think everybody had problems with it.

6. Judderman

Judderman What's a Dremel?

I haven't had any problems with it yet. I'm hoping the worries are unfounded or I got lucky somehow.

7. Repo

Repo What's a Dremel?

It looks good for the money for a budget build, hard to beat for the £34 price tag. Not quite my taste design wise but the others at that price point look like a monkeys a**e.

It's not a case I'd want to have to access often or put high end cpu/gfx components in though. Of the ones listed above I'd have to go for the Antec 300.

It's easy to both under and over buy on cases; I've done both in the past and regretted it later.

8. dangak

dangak What's a Dremel?

I was about to buy this one before seeing the Antec 300. Initially I was willing to accept the tackiness of the 430's fascia, but I'm pleased that this forum recommended the 300 and I think that I came out on top!

9. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Yup great case. Have one myself.

10. Ferrero94

Ferrero94 What's a Dremel?

Hoping to use either one of those 430's,690 or a cm scout for my build any advice on what to choose from (my budget can accommodate all 3)

A window is preferable and I like the look of the scout but was wandering about the cooling potential as well.

11. murraynt

murraynt Modder

The 690II is the best pick out of the lot.

12. barney magru

barney magru What's a Dremel?

13. ak_2020

ak_2020 Minimodder

good call. Whilst I think that the Coolermaster is actually ok for the price, the Antec looks much nicer and cools much better, and is really easy to build a system in...definately worth the extra £15.

14. barney magru

barney magru What's a Dremel?

I'd tend to think the cm690II is well worth the extra 3 squid over the antec 300 in all honesty!

15. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Have a look at the Xigmatek Midgard. It is basically the same price as the Antec 300 and is a better case although the CM690 II Lite looks a good bet too.

The thing that lets the Antec 300 down at the price it is selling for at the moment is the lack of cable routing. The case is beginning to show its' age.

16. biFFon

biFFon What's a Dremel?

The sleek looks of both the Antec 300 and the CM690 II Lite are great and look to be a good price.

Can't help but feel £50 seems cheap for a case though at possible sacrifice of quality feel.

17. Foiseworth

Foiseworth Newbie

Was just going to post a thread asking the same question, luckily I did a search!

Coolermaster Elite 430 is currently on offer at scan today only for £27 but based on your guys feedback I think I'll look for something else...

18. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

I have both a 690-II Advanced for my main machie and an Elite 430 for my media server.

I was worried that the 430 would look a bit tacky, but with non-LED fans it looks fine. Very good value for money for the price, although pay more, and the 690 is much nicer :)