1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD's Brazos and Zacate Benchmarked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 24 Jan 2011.

1. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

PC Perspective ran some tests a while ago; if memory serves the top end atom + ion combo uses way more power than the AMD chips; they are desktop orientated after all!

Also, synthetic benchmarks? The high end atoms have HT no? I imagine 3dMark makes good use of that, where many apps would be less efficient. Lets wait until bit-tech run them through the good old CPC benchmark suite before yelling at each other.

2. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

Compiling the data from the other reviews, I expect our trusty Bit-tech reviewers to find something along these lines when considering the E-350:

1) 10-15% faster CPU performance than a D525
    2) 10-15% slower GPU performance than an Ion 2
    3) Significantly better battery life than the other combination

Sounds like a move toward to more balanced, usable ultra-budget gaming platform and I'm all for that now my laptop battery charging system is dead. Have to see how much the Thinkpad X120 weighs in at.

3. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Yep, power really is the key. The ION platform might be quicker but if it can't compete on battery life nobody will want to buy it, because hours of battery life is one of the main selling points of the machines these will be going in.

As for the atom/ion desktop system... why? £30 gets you a discrete, passively cooled graphics card that will sit in the PCI-e slot making no noise and walking all over the ion in terms of performance. Considering how much more expensive the ion systems seem to be this is a fairly major issue...

4. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

The big question for me is why did they use 3dmark06, it's a directx9 based benchmark!

5. tef

tef What's a Dremel?

let us know these result..:rock: