1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Raven dilema

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SpeedLegion, 21 Jan 2011.

1. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Looks like we need to start an owners club for the FT02R-WRi then!

I don't think Scan's stock system is particularly at fault though; if you ordered over Christmas like I did they were officially closed but still accepting orders. The stock levels are only updated when a payment goes through and the order is confirmed, but that could only happen when they re-opened... which meant if they got more orders for the cases than they had cases in stock they'd end up having to order some more from their supplier. It seems to be the supplier that can't stick to a schedule, Scan are just giving us the dates their purchasing department is being given.

edit: and bear in mind they were the only retailer with any even listed that I could find at the time I ordered, as well as having a very good price on them (cheaper than the standard edition is now by almost £20 some places). It's not impossible that they had 10-15 orders for this case, given as how there are three in this thread alone!

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Without going too far off topic, i have to disagree, i have friends that run very simple shops using zen cart as their ecommerce solution, when an order comes in it is assigned the required quantity from the quantity in stock, If the payment doesnt go through the buyer gets an email and or phonecall, if the order cant be completed then the stock is returned to the site. It is impossible too order anything from their sites if the stock isnt there. Even over holidays, when the sites are technically unmanned.

I dont see why scan with a much more complete and professional system cant keep track of their actual stock.

Anyway back on topic, All i need now is a shiny new graphics card, and i think id quite like a couple of red bezelled monitors to complete the look, but i cant seem to find anything that ticks the boxes :sigh:

3. Yslen

I suppose it depends on when the decision to run the system the way they do was made. If they paid for an IT package and its stuck that way then I suppose they'd just stick with it. It would be easier for consumers if their stock levels were updated all the time though, assuming it doesn't cause major issues at their end.

My 6870 is nicely black and red already... should fit in okay. Annoyingly it's a Gigabyte one with a totally unrelated picture on the bottom (mostly grey) which will be visible in the case. Oh and my PSU has lime green bits on it. Hmmm. Might have to mod a few things...

4. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

I'll call them tomorrow to check what address they planning to deliver to, anything you guys want asked?

5. Yslen

A confirmation that they're definitely getting them in on Wednesday would be nice... but I doubt they'd give one.

6. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

Stock due Wednesday, so should be delivered Thursday!
    They won't ship to my uni address :( so I'm gona have to wait for it to be delivered... me not be there... then re arrange for when I will be there :(

7. Yslen

Order dispatched as of about half an hour ago! I assume that means delivery tomorrow, though it doesn't give a date on there... I'll wait a bit then check the courier tracking thingy.

Do you know someone not living in halls who you can get it delivered too? I had to do that when I was at uni, it was annoying for heavy stuff but the only way to get some things delivered. I've never understood why some places don't deliver to student accommodation (I assume that's your problem) especially as some of them I stayed in were very easy for couriers to deliver to - just drop it at reception, simpler than going to someone's house!

If you have to wait ages to get yours I'll take some pictures and upload them to tide you over in the meantime :D

8. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

It was going to be delivered tomorrow for me too, have told them to delay delivery until Monday though when I will be back home!

It wasn't that they couldn't deliver to a uni address, I have a house not in halls this year, but it was my first order with scan so had to be to card address!

Ah well get the case Monday :D Can't wait :p

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Sweet as guys, lovely case :) I'm still being tormented by the TJ11!! Why, WHY, is it so expensive?!?!?

10. Yslen

I'm really not sure on that one! The TJ07 was/is pricey because it's aimed at the watercooling market, but the TJ11 looks like it's more of an air cooling case? I suppose if those HDD racks at the bottom can be removed it'll be as good as the '07 for WC setups. Maybe the price is because of their export costs; they probably can't get very many of those on each freighter for fear of sinking it :p

Ah I see, yes that's the other cause of university delivery issues!

A similar issue I had was with a DVD rental place that would only let you rent if you were a member and only let you become a member if you could provide two utility bills/bank statements showing your local address. At least half the population of the town were students in halls so they automatically cut their market in half with that stupid rule.

11. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Mines sat in the box in the lounge :rock:, the box is bigger than what my Cosmos S came in !!

I might get it built up tonight depending on when i finish sorting out paperwork:sigh:

12. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

I demand pictures :D I can't have mine so let me see what the box looks like at last :D
    (plus i need to check it will fit in car if its bigger then cosmos box >.<)

13. Yslen

It is a pretty massive box... but then it's a pretty massive case.

Mine is up and running now! Still ironing out a few creases i.e. where to position my lights and stuff.

The build quality is incredible, as is the cooling. Both CPU and GPU are running very cool and the fans are pretty quiet. I've got them on low at the moment and they're producing a deep sound that's actually pretty relaxing - nothing like the whine of a 120mm fan. I'm considering hooking them up to my fan controller tomorrow though, just to see how quiet they go while still cooling well.

The only complaint I have about this case is the amount of space around the back... it is a bit of a squeeze getting the side panel on with the amount of cabling I have back there. There are points for tying cables onto the case but they all seem to be together, so you get all of the cables in the same place.

Removing the roof is very odd, you basically have to grab it and rip it off from one end. It looks like it's designed to do this though, though i'm slightly worried I'm missing something. There's loads of room at the top for all the cables that come out of the back of a standard case, and they're all nicely hidden when the roof is on. A lot of air escapes through the top though, it's not a restrictive grill at all so it's quite well designed.

The paint is great; the black outside is fingerprint resistant (unlike other cases I have owned) and the red interior is gorgeous. It's VERY red.

Oh and mine has serial number 0013 stamped on the front, to the right of the silverstone badge. I'd be interested to know what you guys get and how many were made overall, if anyone knows?

I'll get some pictures up in the morning, I don't actually own a flash so I need daylight to get anything worth looking at.

14. phidelta42

phidelta42 What's a Dremel?

I had the same problem with the lack of space behind the motherboard tray, but I think it probably is possible to get things tidy with a bit of effort I've been meaning to redo that at some point. There is space behind the back AP fan which I think probably needs to be utilised, I lazily shoved all my non modular cables through the main hole :blush:

You're not missing anything with the roof, you just have to pull it off and trust the build quality it just can't be tentatively eased off in my experience.

Anyway hopefully the OP is as impressed as you have been after being given a couple of nudges to get the fortress.

15. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

Got the case about an hour ago! ITS BEUTTTTTIFULLLLLL! lol! Love it!
    Got my MDPC sleeving on route, and gona build it up next weekend :D Gona give this build the effort the case deserves!