1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Harbinger Test Install

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by llH4VOKll, 22 Oct 2010.

1. llH4VOKll

llH4VOKll What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well here is try number three I finally decided that scratch build was the way to go so lets see if the third time really is the charm lol

Here's the actual body bent and all the side tabs are going to be bolted on with 90 degree aluminum bars and the m4 screws. Ive made the motherboard tray and HDD mounts

[​IMG]
    Here is a mock fit up with the Optical Drives one DVD-RW and one Blu-Ray reader found it cheap and couldnt pass up the deal lol. The the railing on the right side had to be cut a little in order for the drive to sit flush and the railing will be fastened by M4 counter sink screws and epoxy.

[​IMG]
    Little more of a mock fit but I got to thinking maybe I should incorporate this Network HUB into Harbinger no more "Wheres the HUB????!!!" at lan parties. Only Problem is does anybody know how to convert the wall plug for it so I can have it internal?

[​IMG]
    Got my order from http://www.Boltdepot.com "Thank Craig" that website is amazing they have pretty much anything you need. Then I realized something.....
    [​IMG]
    Should've ordered 30mm length not 25 mm :retard:
    [​IMG]
    I could just use double the amount of the smaller M4 screws ends up being 64 screws just for the radiators, meh time to order the 30 mm ones :D

[​IMG]
    This is the railing that needed to be cut for the optical drive, ya I know bit of a jerry rig setup but it worked lol
    [​IMG]
    after cutting with the hacksaw, its gonna need some filing most of which I finished last night will upload the finished shot later tonight.

Last edited: 4 Feb 2011
  2. llH4VOKll

BIG UPDATE!

Massive update today been lazy and haven't been logging my work but here y'all go!
    [​IMG]
    Ignore the SSD I returned it 32 gb was a tad to small but I found room for Corsairs H7O cooler.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's the 90 degree angles I was talking about the M4 screws hold is surprisingly strong

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Motherboard in all its stages of fabrication still need to sand it down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Motherboard installed! The space underneath the tray is for HDD's and partially the dual slot load drives. A small notch still needs to be cut for the SATA cables to feed to the motherboard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just some mock fits and the pump location.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hmmmm what could this be?

[​IMG]
    TADA! Finally finished the Radiator Brackets and found an extra place to sneak some extra HDD's :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And installed! Well that's it for today. Thanks for reading guys :D

3. jxm

jxm What's a Dremel?

Awesome work so far! Very cean. Are you thinking you'll leave it as bare alu?

Also, what are you using to bend the alu?

4. llH4VOKll

I am actually getting this powder coated black exterior with a white interior and red accents. As for the bending method I use a 30 inch metal bending brake you can buy these off ebay for around 70-80.

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Lookin' pretty good so far :thumb:

6. Tirex

Tirex What's a Dremel?

Looks great. i watch :thumb:

7. llH4VOKll

Thanks guys working on the tribal designs and Danger den logos hopefully pics tomorrow!

8. lamanl

lamanl So little done, so much to do

starts to look great :D

9. jxm

jxm What's a Dremel?

*ebays* Ooo thanks :)

10. Xye

Xye What's a Dremel?

Looks interesting. Are you Water cooling the Graphics card as well?

11. llH4VOKll

Yes both cards have their own 240 mm radiator to cool them.

12. llH4VOKll

Internals is almost finished!

Well I've been dreading this since I decided to use slot load drives but the time has come.

[​IMG]
    Marked out the slots for the disk to slide in

[​IMG]
    Pilot holes drilled and first I started with a dremel to connect them.

[​IMG]
    This is it after two passes with the dremel. No thats not a chunk missing out of the side just some masking tape "scared me the first time I saw it :blah:"

[​IMG]
    I used a jigsaw on this part to widen out the hole fast and cleaned it up a bit using a larger hand file and several smaller ones.

[​IMG]
    Close to finished little more filing and it will be complete

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is the tray I used to mount the drives.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    IT FITS!!! no clearance problems at all :D

Lastly I need to make the wire the switches but have no clue how can anyone shed some light on the subject for me?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you guys for reading since I have no work or school for the day maybe I can finish up the side and top panels.....:D

13. NES

NES What's a Dremel?

Google says terminal 3, 4 for switch and +, - for LED. The other 2 terminals are momentary off from what I can tell, don't know what that would be for. I couldn't understand why there were 6 terminals so I had to find out why :)

14. llH4VOKll

Install and Switches

Well got a little too cold yesterday to work on the panels but I wanted to do a test fit of everything here are some shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Everything fit just right with the exception of the PSU the waterblock for the Northbridge the ASUS NBMax need two 90 degree fittings that should be in by next week, as for the other rad I am waiting for the temp to warm up before I paint. working on the side panels and front panel today wish me luck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is Harbinger sitting on my desk currently transferring files to the drives for it. Still need help with the switches though if anyone could help me with those.