1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crysis 2 minimum specs revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Feb 2011.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

No you're not but you're not allowed to mention it anywhere on the internet or a swarm of fanboys will rip you apart

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

2. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Not sure what else was out in 2007 that made Crysis look 'average'. Gameplay wise, maybe, certainly not graphics wise.

Can't say that i am particularly excited by Crysis 2, however would be good if Crytek can actually come up with a decent story driven single player campaign.

3. October

October Mariachi Style

I'd say a jump from recommended to minimum is a pretty big leap in four years, especially in the current climate. Plenty of games still list 6xxx series nVidia as minimum.

And are we really gonna start the "does Crysis really look that good" debate again? Four years ago it looked like nothing else, time has moved on, games have improved. Saying you don't think its pretty isn't as controversial and flame-war-initiating as you'd like to think :rolleyes:

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

It depends which part of the game you are on about and what settings were used.

The in door sections (by this I mean actually inside a house or hut or anything like that) were decidedly average (as were some of the object models and textures) but outdoors in certain sections it was (and still is) untouchable.

The problem with Crysis is that without heavy config tweaking it doesn't run or look anywhere near what it should do.

To give an example I can play Warhead using the CCC v3.0 config on my M11x at what visually amounts to gamer settings. Of course it isn't really running at gamer settings but alot of the things that chew up resources (but make no visual difference) have been switched off or heavily tweaked (especially the shadows) so the end result is ~ Gamer settings at Mainstream performance.

Hopefully I will be able to do the same with Crysis 2.

5. dangerman1337

dangerman1337 Minimodder

Of course 3 million for the original and 2.5 for Warhead were bad :eyebrow:.

http://www.zuse.hessen.de/mm/Konrad_Zuse_Kongress_Yerli_Final.pdf

(page 10)

6. popcornuk1983

popcornuk1983 Cake or Death?

I should have been more clear about my point. I was able to run it on low settings when it came out. But wasn't able to fully appreciate the graphics engine until 18months later. Even then my pc met min specs but still ran like a dog!

Can't say I'm overly excited about crisis 2. I'll reserve judgment until it's released.

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Should I givadamn?

Seriously, show me a game where the "minimum specs" have had any relation to how (badly) the game runs on lower end PCs, or in fact have any meaning at all and I'll think again.

8. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Well, after failing to get Crysis to run properly on my rig (due, I think, to the Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit clash) I decided to play Crysis Warhead first.

I'm glad I did.

I am luckily able to max out the settings on my system - and yes, it probably is the prettiest game I've ever played. :)

I'm only a few hours into it, but so far the gameplay looks brilliant too.

So roll on Crysis 2!

As for the first game?

Well, I'd have thought Crytek would have released a patch by now.

But they haven't - so I'm not exactly holding my breath.

I even started a thread on this a while back, but came up with nothing concrete.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2011
  9. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

The minimum specs are miles higher than they were...

The GeForce 6600 is far, far slower than the 8800gt, and the Pentium 4 2.8GHz is far slower than any Core 2 Duo. I'm not sure why everyone's saying that the game isn't so demanding.

10. alex101

alex101 Geek

+1

I thought crysis looked amazing when it came out - and I still do! I thought everyone agreed that Crysis is the most photo realistic game there is?!

11. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

now where is that money tree for my new crysis 2 capabil pc. has my fingers crossed that a athlon 640 4gb ddr3 and gtx 560 would run it nicely that is the new parts for this years build 0_o ...

12. miester7

miester7 My single core cpu plays crysis

Will the new Intel HD3000 onboard graphics run Crysis 2 at minimum specs? Hope the PC demo comes out very soon!

13. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Those specs are all well and good but.... will it play Crysis?

Sorry, that was bad /*fetches coat*/

14. law99

law99 Custom User Title

That's the beauty of "coding to the metal" though isn't it? Tweaks can be made to overcome architectural difficulties to go head to head with unoptimised raw power. Although there is a lot to be said for raw power.

15. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Dammit, I bought my 8800GT to play Crysis 1, will I have to upgrade for Crysis 2? :D lol

16. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Does anyone actually pay attention to the minimum settings these days?? its not like the actually reflect what rig's the game will actually run on....

17. Deders

Deders Modder

A Phenom II will most likely handle it better

18. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

thats as bad as (will it blend) sorry .call's taxi...

19. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

This game must really put my pc to it's feet... I won't play it until I have a new motherboard... He could trash my HDD's :D

20. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Hopefully this game will be part of one of those massive steam sales with 50% off after a few months of release.

Tags: Add Tags