1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Thermaltake Level 10 GT Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 7 Feb 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Looks neat. I don't like that door connector thing for the fan. But i'm sure its a good fitting panel and will never cause any problems....

3. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

I love that SATA daisy chain. Something like that needs to be in all cases.

4. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

yeah, thermaltake has always been reknowned for it's impeccable production quality, so i can't see it becoming a problem :thumb:

5. red4our

red4our ¿Qué es un Dremel?

LOL. Amazing how much equipment was conveniently "lying around" during the tour of their facilities. The case is interesting but still expensive for what it is. You'd have to be in love with its aesthetics to really be happy to part with that sort of cash when there are better and cheaper alternatives out there. Still, I suppose if you wanted something different and don't want to mod a case yourself, this could be the one for you.

6. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

I was wondering when someone would put a sata daisy chain into production, uumm so neat and tidy!

7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I see what you did there :D
    Corsair had one of those.

8. Xir

Xir Modder

Hehe, just paint it gun-metal and the entire case looks like something from a space-station.
    I like the look!
    Also finally some easy to reach filters on every intake...this should be standard. As should the daisy-chain (if it works)
    The entire thing is rather expensive though, and private persons seldomly need hot-swappable hard disk trays.

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

That sums up Thermaltake so well, it could be the company motto! :D

10. sethnmalice

sethnmalice What's a Dremel?

would rather spend the 995$ on the lvl 10 than 350 on thermaltakes poor excuse for a copy

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

but it's not a level 10 anymore, it's now a normal case with a fancy SATA cable.

it's like the new Honday Civic, it's moved too far away from the original Civic design. changes should be incremental, like the Porsche 911 series.

12. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

The original Level 10 was made by Thermaltake as well, so essentially they're knocking off themselves. :)

But as wuyanxu says, the new case just isn't a Level 10 anymore. My level of interest for this case (no pun intended) is somewhere between "Who cares?" and "I don't give a f???".

13. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

Level 10 looks nice and all but try using it and it's loud and hot making it unsuitable as a living room talking point or a suitable chassis for similarly high end components. However, I always thought they'd missed a trick by not supplying a 50" Plasma HDTV compatible VESA mount on the side.

I first heard about this when we had a visit from the Tt rep, he said it would be a lot cheaper and TBH they've cost cut the heart out of it. Chances are we'll stock it and it'll be popular.

14. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

The case looks great in the pictures... Probably in real life though it's the usual Thermaltake crap (steel and mostly plastic fittings)...

15. jprykov

jprykov What's a Dremel?

they should have maintained the clean look of the first level 10 and added some stuff that is useful... it doesnt look elegant to me anymore. :(

16. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

Is bit-tech gonna do a full review? The original Level 10 never got one :(

17. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

What Graphics card was in the case ?
    That blower design looked pretty good for Crossfire, and seeing as its red, is an AMD pro card or something ?

18. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

I think this is a wonderful case that steps away from the old rectangle design of PC cases and if Thermaltake can keep the price below $250 USD then I'll get one for sure.

I hope Bit-Tech picks up the case by the handle while it's fully loaded during the review so they can report on it's function for those like myself who transport their rigs back and forth to Lan Parties a lot.
    Thanks!

19. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Interesting how they had the Asus K8N-DRE mobo sitting around (green dual socket board lying on the table in the pics)... That board's relatively old (socket 940) and not exactly common... Although I do have one sitting here ;)

20. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

That's because Tt didn't give Bit-Tech a free, hand-built, completely checked out and fully vetted Level-10 case to report on. Instead of what all of us poor suckers go out and buy off the shelf that's mass-produced, probably never checked out, definitely not vetted for every and all defects and not, (didn't I mention this?), absolutely free, as in, "Either give this a glowingly excellent rave review or you'll never receive another free product from us to 'review' ever again!"

Tags: Add Tags