1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Phobya Design a Case Competition - Stage 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 8 Feb 2011.

?

Which is the best water-cooled case design?

Poll closed 14 Feb 2011.
  1. Phobya Aurora by Confusis

40 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Monolith by GuilleAcoustic

37 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. Photon by ixmatal

25 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. Phobya Purus by ĿªЪяεġø™

16 vote(s)
    11.2%
  5. Proteus by mick64

71 vote(s)
    49.7%
  6. Phobya Gladio by Razer2007

51 vote(s)
    35.7%
  7. II by Roboduck

63 vote(s)
    44.1%
  8. Black Owl by SnowyOwl

76 vote(s)
    53.1%
  9. Dominus by Subtec

63 vote(s)
    44.1%
  10. V Cool by Zukomonitor

18 vote(s)
    12.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. yoishiro

yoishiro What's a Dremel?

Dominus by Subtec

its the most simplistic and "Normal" of them all LOL , instant sell , even for someone who doesnt like Watercooling .

imagine the case , painted "Gunmetal black outside" and inside "Black" .... OMG ... or ... with Urban Camouflage ... O M F G !!!!

2. jprykov

jprykov What's a Dremel?

I really like them all seriously! i will definetely buy one or 2 cases for my projects! Good luck and remember you are all winners in this event! :)

3. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

We have 6 potential finalist, that is very close :thumb:

4. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

I can't believe Dominus moved from 1st to 4th!!!

5. GuilleAcoustic

Vote will end the 14th, things can still change. Close match between you and Confusis.

I don't think I will make it to stage 3, but this competion was trully fun and I learned a lot from all those exchange.

EDIT : I'm truly considering building Monolith, updated and slightly different, far away from the stress, so keep an eye opened :dremel:

EDIT² : Thanks to all who helped me to give birth to Monolith, and thanks to all who voted for me

Last edited: 9 Feb 2011
  6. SnowyOwl

SnowyOwl What's a Dremel?

Things are moving really fast and there is still 6 days left.... at some point you were not even in the top 5 Razer that would have been a shame...but then again they would all deserve to move to the next stage....

Funny thing you are getting seriously challenged by your own render...this honnors you my friend he would not be there without you:thumb:

7. GuilleAcoustic

So true, this is being very interesting. Whoever win, a great case will born.

EDIT : What would be awesome is that each case come to life (by their designer or not). If I build Monolith I think I'll spend a lot of time here asking about how to make this or that and advise about watercooling, since I never modded, scratch build or watercooled ... well my fishes were watercooled but I bet that doesn't count :D

8. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

SnowyOwl with the runaway lead :thumb:

I knew it was going to be close but this is nerve racking :worried:

9. GuilleAcoustic

I so agree with you ... yesterday I was pressing F5 every 30s :wallbash: :lol:

10. sheriff_deadeye

sheriff_deadeye What's a Dremel?

Voting

is there something i need to do to enable voting?

"You cannot vote in this poll"

thanks

11. Zesti

Zesti Aluminium + file

All the designs are cool, but there's only one that I'd really like to have on my desk. Soo.. I voted Dominus - it's quite a compact, beautiful, practical and very nice attention to the details. I also gave votes for Monolith and Aurora, because those design are original but still very practical and it would be nice to see them on stage 3.

12. LGalamba

LGalamba What's a Dremel?

I don't really think so..
    Not even the winning design for that matter. I believe this is a rather "open" design contest, so actually any brand can use some of the ideas displayed here ;)
    And since there is no formal agreement on exchange/ownership of intellectual property..
    Well you get my point :)

Great effort guys :) kudos to you all!!

13. subtec

subtec drawing boxes

I'd like to remind the entrants that soliciting your friends to vote for you or otherwise gaming the poll is both unfair and disrespectful to the hard work put in by the other entrants, as well as doing a disservice to the community as a whole.

To the voters:

Please take the time to consider each entry based on the merit of the design and how well it meets the goal of being a "case designed for water cooling."

Please do not vote just for your friends' entry, or the design that's been rendered the nicest. This is not a beauty contest, nor a popularity contest. There are or have been good designs that have fallen behind because people are voting for the wrong reasons. With as few voters as this contest has been getting, gaming the votes, even by a just a few, can have a real impact on the outcome. I would hope that people would want the best designs to make it through, and put aside their own self-interest.

14. GiantKiwi

GiantKiwi What's a Dremel?

Certainly some good cases there.

However only 2 cases really stood out imo, and only one i would really buy and thats the Black Owl, purely because its the only case that seems to combine realistic size with the watercooling aspect, Proteus would be my other choice but i wouldnt look forward to moving it anywhere

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Agreed, but it happens a lot sadly but on the other hand say in MOTM or MOTY I don't truly care if I have the case I set out to make :rock::D.

16. GuilleAcoustic

Thanks for that remind, but in a way the nice rendered cases are also the best cases here.

BTW, even if not rendered, Zuko got one of my vote since I think that his design is good and original. It just need a little more time to be refined.

I agree with you about friend voting. We all put a lot of effort at work and many of us drew lines and boxes all nights long :D. Anyway, good luck to you all and may the best design win. :thumb:

17. ixmatal

ixmatal What's a Dremel?

subtec - although you are right on point, you are arguing against human nature - competition - is the modern and more "civil" aspect of survival. And many,many, people will subconsciously do anything it takes to survive i.e. "win". It has been proven again and again by scientist and psychologists.

That is why I make it a point -not- to tell family or friends when I am engaged in a competition unless it is for charity.

Either way, This has been a true learning experience, and like Guile mentioned - many long nights trying to figure out how to "draw" surfaces without using pen or paper :LOL:

"And may the best design win!"

18. Roboduck

I was finally able to convert my design for all you sketchup people. :cooldude:. Unfortunatly I was only able to convert the chassis and not the internal components but its the best I could get exporting from SolidWorks. I would have posted in the design forum but its closed now. I still would like to see a rendering of all the cases side by side :rock:

Phobya II SketchUp

19. GuilleAcoustic

lol, my nemesis were tubes and wires. I still haven't figured out why sometimes you can extrude along the curved lines and somtimes not. Worse, somtimes you can extrude but cracks and holes are formed depending on the radius :wallbash: ... I took the screenshot with the appropriate angle, thus nobody can see the hand filled holes :blush:

@roboduck : I'd be pleased to send you a render of monolith, but it takes a lot of time to model with maya ... and I really suck at VRAY with SU (material setup is a ture nightmare in SU VRAY). :wallbash:

20. Roboduck

Thanks Guille. I don't know anything about sketchup so I wouldn't be a good candidate for making the rendering :sigh:. I made a sketchup model because most everyone else is using sketchup and it would be interesting to see all the cases lined up in 3D :D

Tags: Add Tags