1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i2500k delay....

Discussion in 'CCL Computers' started by Lankius Maximus, 31 Jan 2011.

1. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

Guys I ordered an Intel i5 2500K CPU having seen that you had two in stock yesterday for next day delivery (would have been the 1/02/11).

However although I have received an order confirmation email I have yet to receive any details as to its dispatch. A subsequent check on my own CConline account shows that the expected delivery date has now been bumped to the 08/02/11.

Is this due to the problems with Sandy Bridge and subsequent product recall? Should I be expecting one of the 'new batch' or will I still be receiving one from part of the problematic run which will eventually be recalled anyway?

Thanks for any guidance.

Mat

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The recall is a chipset (motherboard) recall, the CPU's are fine.

3. Tom @ CCL

Tom @ CCL AKA: Yewen

Hi Mat,

Unfortunately one of our suppliers let us down on this one, we had an order placed and confirmed with them to arrive yesterday but they had a stock error in their warehouse.

Our next delivery is estimated to be on the 4th at the moment but please don't hold me to that, which means realistically we will be able to ship out on Monday to you.

We are working (well Mikey is for most of the day!) on sourcing some more chips so we are on it, CCL and Intel as well to be honest have been surprised at the demand of the 2500K and 2600K, think we have already sold more of them than the older K chips over the 1 year+ they were out!

Regards,

Tom.

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Could it be because the older K series chips were overpriced piles of poo?

/I'll get my coat :D

5. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

Tom, many thanks for the reply, has put my mind at rest.

6. Tom @ CCL

Tom @ CCL AKA: Yewen

Might be a bit harsh, but in a nutshell yes.

7. j44

j44 What's a Dremel?

Next time Intel will surely put a bigger difference between locked and unlocked chips.