1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How did your online name come about...

Discussion in 'General' started by BRAWL, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Little_chef

Little_chef Now with added custom rig!

I still can't really work mine out. I only ever ate at Little Chef once or twice, but I liked the cheap-and-cheerful nature (I was very young!). I guess I just sought to immortalise it...

2. Revil0

Revil0 99% lurking

Revil0<->0liver

Just my name reversed

Last edited: 14 Feb 2011
  3. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Sleepygamer? Easy. I used to play Neverwinter Nights through the weekend with very little sleep. And ended up being nicknamed the sleepy gamer by buddies. It stuck. I like it.

I have a few other aliases. Dying_wolf came about when sleepygamer was apparently taken on steam, so dying_wolf is my steam name. JTLW is a mashup of my real name and my dad's old nickname. Joe The Law (Lastname). :3 Obviouslypepsi is my youtube nick, purely because Pepsi is better than Coke and you are wrong if you disagree.

WRONG.

4. wst

wst Minimodder

I used to have a lot of pepsi max, I liked that stuff, but I could only buy coke in college :(

One day I got asked if that was my morning coke, but for some reason he mentally slipped and asked if it was my morning cock. I was confused and lols ensued.

wst... first 3 letters of my school login name, based on real name... other variants caused by lack of availability or minimum-char counts... wst50 happened due to runescapes 5 char limit... etc

5. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Got this handle from the lead character (Scirocco Jones) in John Varley's book, Titan.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I always wondered about the origin of your name Scirocco :)

7. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

I took my name since the first time I started swiming at the surface of the internets (needed a name for a forum about study and academics and stuff)..Its my forum name and gaming name on everywhere.

I choose it because the ppl from my region are called Paisas (more indeep info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paisa_Region ) and added the 666 because at the time i was like 15 years old and I wanted to prove that I was badass and againts religion Damn it AND IM THE ONLY DEVIL PAISA RULING THE DEEPS ON THE INTERWEBS F**KERS!!!

8. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

I used to play halo trial a lot, and people on that game liked to use alt-codes to make their SN. I looked up an alt table and tried a few combinations with the tag I was using (at the time it was tengen). It didn't look very nice though so one day I was like "bah I'm just gonna use some random codes" so I typed in some random alt-codes and Ðæ popped out. Here you must understand that I take Japanese and that I live in Hawaii (a lot of Japanese :p) so I read that as Da-eh not -Day- (like sundae). Now it was also a fashion in halo trial to be part of a clan (even if it wasn't really a clan xD) so I appended [¿¿¿] as my clan name (full: Ðæ[¿¿¿]).

This went on for a while, but because [¿¿¿] had no significance outside of halo trial I soon dropped it and stuck with just Ðæ on websites. A lot of sites didn't like special characters in my username though, and I was getting tired of having to remember/look up the alt codes for the characters so I ended up just typing it Dae. Now that was cool and all for some websites, but a 3 letter combination isn't very unique. I needed numbers most of the time and since [¿¿¿] was insignificant and also had special characters I couldn't use it. I was stuck for a while trying 001, 002, 101, 808, etc.

Then, one day my friend, who conveniently happened to be memorizing the digits of pi for no reason (I think he got up to 38), gave me the inspiration to use 314 as the digits. I liked it immediately. Dae314 had a balance to it afforded by 3 letters matched with 3 numbers, and when 314 was pronounced as pi, the dae part, sounding a bit like die, had a bit of slant rhyme with the ending. Da-eh (die) pi had absolutely no meaning but I liked the way it sounded ^^. The nickname has stuck with me ever since, and only rarely will it be unavailable when I try to use it.

9. donok

donok Every Little Helps .....

mines is a combo of two

don - my grandad use to call me this when i was a kid as i was his oldest grandson

ok - my initials- its pretty okay

add then together to equal

donok

i say it don o k

10. donok

donok Every Little Helps .....

thats also the name of the mobile phone i use to own

the nokia 8800 sirocco

11. JCBeastie

JCBeastie What's a Dremel?

I wanted Weebeastie but it was fairly common, so I substituted the Wee for my initials. Bam!

12. red4our

red4our ¿Qué es un Dremel?

I was a huge F1 fan back in the 80's and 90's and really liked Mansell's aggressive style of driving. Unfortunately red5ive and redfive were taken on my first ever email account so red4our was the next best thing and it has stuck ever since.

13. klaxxon

klaxxon What's a lemerd?

I got the name "klaxxon" from Iraq. We have the klaxon, which is the alarm that sounds whenever we had an incoming attack. We heard the alarm go off quite a few times a day. I didn't get called klaxon or anything like that from my friends. It just stuck with me in a couple of different online names. Not my XBL or PSN name. Just on forums.

14. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Since I am a japanime consumers, I was listening Berserk Eps 01 7:22 'I'll let your live so you can take a message to your master for me. Tell him, the Black Swordsman is come'. I'm not even black, sorry to disappoint all of you XD. Also my Nick name on Steam & MSN is since years 'Fenris' a giant wolf, son of Loki, who Killed Odin the King of all norse gods.

15. Jimbob94

Jimbob94 What's a Dremel?

Oh, how I really need to change my name :duh:

16. gnutonian

gnutonian What's a Dremel?

gnutonian (n.): of or relating to gnuton.

I basically opened a dictionary and looked for anything starting with "new" that could be replaced by "gnu". It's not funny, but it's a joke anyway :p

I envy the people who were there back in the day: they could just pick whatever they wanted, because only a few others were there; like Richard M. Stallman choosing "rms". I'd love to have my damn initials as a nick, but there's about a million other people with the same initials; and apparently they're all online, the *******s.

17. asteldian

asteldian Minimodder

Asteldian has been my online char name since I started playing Everquest 1. It is not my online nick for any forum and game

18. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

NoizDaemon666 came about in quite a complicated fashion lol

I play bass trombone in a brass band. We were on the band bus on the way to a contest when we all decided to change our bluetooth names to something with our chosen instrument in.

The solo trombone player put his as 'solo trom rocks', so i tried to put mine as 'bass trom rocks more' but this was too long.

So I thought bass trombone is usually the loudest player, so is quite noisy. And bass trombone is usually used in film music when menacing things are happening.

First attempt was 'NoiseDemon' which looked rubbish. Then tried 'NoizDemon' but I wanted something that looked older, more ancient. So 'NoizDaemon' was born, soon after joined with '666' lol

It's my forum name, PSN name and online PC gaming name :)

19. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Could always fall into the bounds of Warhammer40K with your name mate.

20. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Also, you are in Castleford? Awesome! I'm literally 20 minutes away on the bus. :D

noizdaemon666 likes this.