1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Crysis 2 leaked

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by tennisball, 11 Feb 2011.

1. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Wait for the demo. You most likely won't get past the first 30 minutes without a crash.

2. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

wow. supprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. Too much butthurt for me to want to catch up with all 13 pages.

The only thing I'll be interested in will be the comparison of legit sales compared to online users considering the master key was leaked, However they could change it before launch.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

You base that on playing a leaked pre-release version of a game?

I have no words to convey my disbelief.

Edit:

Sorry, a misunderstanding on my part, pointed out by Coldon.

However, I'm worried that this is what'll happen to others.

Last edited: 14 Feb 2011
  4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

1. agree, able to do stuff before other people is always attractive, it's human nature.

2. if a person care enough to hunt down this leak and judge the game, the person will sure read reviews and decide on whether to buy it or not. IF the game is good (egg. HL2) it will still fly off the shelves.

but the problem here is that CryTek obviously admitted defeat on PC originated gameplay, and (like many have said) leaked on purpose so that they will be able to blame piracy for lack of sales.

it's clear from the last line of CryTek/EA statement, they are intended to blaming piracy, and next game will not be on PC. it is even more clear from the consolified gameplay.

after "watching videos of gameplay", i have cancelled my pre-order, and waiting for THE review to decide whether to purchase it. it all depends on if Gunsmith's reviews says it's good, no one else's, because Craig in Bit-tech didn't understand Crysis 1 (Crysis was terrible article), nor will anyone else who have never played Crysis 1 on PC.

5. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

i think he meant that he wont make it through the leaked version without crashing and not the demo.

As for the EA piracy thing, EA is one of the only publishers making concerted effort to bring their games to PC. At this point i'm more than willing to throw money at them to keep doing what they are doing!

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Right you are!

I have also taken a liking to EA - after all, they are responsible for excellent games such as the Mass Effect and Dead Space series.

7. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

especially considering that mass effect was intended to be XBOX exclusive. EA has made huge efforts to bring console only franchises like mass effect and battlefield bad company to the PC. They are one of the only publisher actively pumping money into PC gaming. Ubisoft does so as well to a degree but it feels like PC customers are treated as second rate, with delayed releases and shoddy control porting.

8. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

You do realise that Mass Effect is a KotOR clone right?
    And that they released ME2 with a suggested improved engine on PS3?

9. mardon

mardon What's a Dremel?

First 30 mins would be fine. Just to see how it looked and felt. The game is only £25 there won't be anything in there that could make me cancel my pre order. I'm easily please :D

As someone mentioned the opportunity to have a fiddle with a game before its official release is very tempting indeed. The words “Sneak Preview” always draw people in and this is very similar. I’m just being honest. I bet there are a lot of people similar to me. At the end of the day £25 is nothing, its half a nights worth of booze when you’re out on the town and will, even if average offer more hours of enjoyment and hopefully less of a head ache the next day!

The demo is multiplayer (Other than BFBC2) I’m a single player kinda guy so won’t really give a very good indication of the game.

I do feel bad for Crytek and I think people who download the leak and enjoy the stolen game with no pre order or intention of purchasing the game are idiots and are directly helping kill off their favoured pastime.

TBH if Crytek had released more PC info, vids screen shots etc I’d be much less inclined to have a “Sneak Preview”. I wondered if they were doing it because the final product won’t live up to the first 2 or they are waiting to blow us away with DX11. Who knows why they made the decision to make the 360 the primary advertising hardware. In days gone by the PC was used on cross platform games since it always looked the best.

Also I very very much doubt this is a deliberate leak. Why the hell would a company sacrifice sales by leaking a game so they could use it as an excuse to say “See PC gamers pirate far too much, were dropping the PC format” and loose potentially even more sales of future games. It’s just not viable. If they didn’t want to develop for PC they wouldn’t. No one has a gun to their heads; they don’t have to make excuses as they don’t owe us anything.

10. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I think Julian Assange was behind this incident as well. It's all a conspiracy. I guess we have Micro Soft Erection to blame for 360 first. It's ironic that MS are doing more to destroy PC gaming than anyone else. It's a conflict of interest. MS want you to do your gaming on their crapbox 360. PC gaming is no longer of much interest for MS to promote. I have always detested the 360. Crappy 360 games with badly pixelated graphics and now of course we have the kinect which only works moderately well if you have a lot of clear floor space.

11. dactone

dactone dact-one

you would have thought microsoft would want to keep pc gaming alive seems they have a os that 80 percent of computers use .

12. Canon

Canon Reformed

Still, bit of a ****ing brass neck to steal something and then complain because it's not up to your standards, infact it's infantile.

13. mardon

mardon What's a Dremel?

Decided to just watch some 720p vid's on youtube instead and enjoy the final polished game next month.

Tell you what though. Every forum/site i've been on there is a vast amount of people in support of crytek and encouraging people to also buy the final release. I think this is pretty positive.

14. stevenrlp

stevenrlp What's a Dremel?

Seriously take my word for it, wait until there is a finished version on the piratebay as this beta version is not worth the effort of downloading, it is full of bugs and really spoils the game.

15. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

OR just, y'know, BUY THE GAME

16. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

Thinking about the leak again, and if ANYONE is still reading this thread, one thing seems PAINFULLY obvious now: this is a _much_ older build of the game than people actually think.

It's unstable, perhaps really unstable and there are a few missing textures and other glitches. This is barely a BETA, and a very long way from a RC version. With 49 days to go the game is very likely going through Q&A testing as we speak, the features are locked down and the DX11 render path is done and more or less dusted. This version is a couple of months old at least, it really is missing that many pieces to be a contemporary revision.
    They would NEVER just in the next 48 days patch this .exe up to stability and then 'tack on' DX11 in the next week or so. The WHOLE shebang, 64bit .exe, DX11, the lot, would go through weeks of Q&A.

Also, the fact that the whole game, plus multiplayer, plus masterkey was leaked together means this was a mock-up complete version delivered to a third party for a particular purpose. This party likely was the source of the leak. It could be for playtesters or an evaluation version given to EA as proof of progress up to 'now' whenever now was in the distant past.

One thing is quite clear, unless there's some kind of physical proof for the date of this build of the game, it can only be on of many weeks old. Given its state this close to launch assuming it is the latest build version is a poor conclucsion to jump to.

17. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Not only do people want a free lunch, they want it made to their liking!

Infantile is a truly great word for it. I thought PC gamers were the more mature crowd who respected good publishers and wanted to help the industry.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the game will most likly be complete at this stage, it takes roughly a month to manufacture and ship the discs to retailers.

19. Action_Parsnip

Exactly. No way on earth is this from even the last 4 weeks. Being from 2011 at all is stretching it mightily.

20. Action_Parsnip