1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Do you hear music in your head?

Discussion in 'General' started by mattthegamer463, 23 Jun 2008.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Happens to me some times,

I just hate when i hear the phone bloody ringing when it isn't,

2. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

I get it too, that music from the Plants vs Zombie's plant selection screen is playing in my head and I'm getting quite fed up with it, been playing the game too much really :)

3. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Yup I have music in my head all the time. Every minute of every day! It used to annoy me but I'm so used to it now :)

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I only hear voices, telling me to mod constantly

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I get this sometimes.. it's that damn song from rise against where he yells 'I don't hate youuuuuuuu... I don't hate you now....... '

6. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Annoying, isn't it. What I have found that (sort of) helps in these situations is to start playing Barbie Girl by Aqua through my mind. It completely drowns out the other drek that got stuck there. It is, in effect, MIND BLEACH.

However, it is jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Use sparingly. ;)

7. Siberdine

Siberdine Safety Not Guaranteed.

I have this from playing WAY too much Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Also, I try to match the rhythm of the song with my fingers. *sigh*

8. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

Now i feel completely weird as i don't have any of what has been described, certainly not a radio station in my head.
    Saying that, quotes and lines from films and games get looped round in my head quite alot but i dont think its ever been a song or part of a song and yet im a big music lover.

9. Timsu

Timsu What's a Dremel?

that happens everyday to me too. Even when i chanced to this new ringtone what i thougt couldn't be mistaken to any else noise:D

10. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I've have this happen all the time as well. Mad World is very bad for that lately. Weird part is it's usually just one part of a song. Like in Mad World the lines "I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dieing are the best I've ever had"

Also, probably more abnormal, it's not always music. Sometimes I'll see or hear a word or name and that gets stuck and I'll keep thinking it and repeating it. Not out loud but I'll realize I'm thinking it and get annoyed sometimes.

I'm searching but I seem to find what I'm looking for. I remember an article about this a while ago that suggested this sort of thing may be a mild form of schizophrenia.

Edit: http://health.howstuffworks.com/mental-health/human-nature/perception/songs-stuck-in-head.htm
    sorta similar to what I remember but I don't remember earworm being mentioned so much. The one I remember talked more about schizophrenia and said that the phenomenon is similar but differs because the person experiencing it is (ususally) aware that the music is not being played outside their head.

Last edited: 11 Nov 2010
  11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Of course I hear music in my head. How else is going to get in?

Er hang on, don't answer that.

12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Yea, i have it a lot too.
    Thankfully, it's good stuff. Bit of Hell March goes along way:thumb:

Sam

13. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Can't say I ever really hear music in the form of songs. Not much of a musical person in any way. Can't remember lyrics and can't hold a rhythm.

What I get quite often is noises that don't exist. Things like a shout such as "hey!", or a door shutting. Hard to say what they are because they aren't actually there so it's impossible to try and remember exactly what I heard. Gotten quite used to just ignoring any loud and sudden noises that I don't immediately recognize.

14. dactone

dactone dact-one

im a drummer and i put a beat to everything and i move all the time' i even drum in my sleep! and im perfectly normal. so you have nothing to worrie about :)

15. Repo

Repo What's a Dremel?

Always & always has. But I never said I was normal either :p

16. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Yes it keeps the voices quiet....

17. leunam

leunam What's a Dremel?

Sometimes not just music, voices too

18. Little_chef

Little_chef Now with added custom rig!

Sounds a lot like me. I play drums, and anything I listen to and love finds a way of staying in my head. Usually I end up being told off for drumming on tables, my torso, or any nearby surfaces. :D

19. SimonStern

SimonStern Registered Lurker

This thread's been going since 2008 and been dead 3 times or so til someone randomly brings it back, I don't know why but that's funny lol.

And on topic it happens to me all the time, sometimes it's an annoying song, other times one I like. I found a good way to get rid of a song stuck there is to listen to it irl. The thing that gets me sometimes is when a tiny piece of a song in my head resembles something from another song, then from there another. I can end up with an odd song in my head and spend all day trying to back trace and figure out how it even got there :eyebrow:

20. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I'm probably those voices I am the Devil lol

bulldogjeff likes this.