1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Controller Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bemused, 15 Feb 2011.

1. bemused

bemused What's a Dremel?

I'm looking for a new control pad for single player games, I'm toying with a wireless 360 controller for my PC - any other recommended options for wireless pads?

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Logitech has some... but I prefer my XBox 360 controller (I don't have an XBox 360, if you wonder).

My previous controller is:
    http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/gaming/controllers/devices/287 But wired. And it sucked... It's designed for a 12-15 year old kids hands. And I really don't have huge hands at all.
    I returned it and got the XBox 360 wired controllers which not only had a much longer wire, and actually very comfortable, but it was the same price (at the time). Plus it has actual trigger buttons, dual rubble system, better analogue stick, and well integrated in many games which already has predefined buttons when it detects the XBox 360 controllers.

Also, you don't need to install anything at all. Well the wireless one you have a battery indicator software that you can install... where it shows you (I believe) the battery status when you press on the XBox 360 button when you are on your desktop.

The best controller I ever touched is the Nintendo GameCube controllers. Shame it's not produced anymore, and only for the GameCube. That was such superb engineering.

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

The xbox controller is excellent, pretty much your best bet right now.

4. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I'd recommend the 360 controller too, if only because of the plug and play compatibility with an ever increasing number of games.

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

Saitek Colour Rumble Pad is nice too, very comfortable for extended use and hands never get hot and sweaty. I think the xbox controller looks like it would be great but I absolutley hate them.

[​IMG]

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Supposedly a PS3 controller will work wirelessly with bluetooth connectivity or a dongle. I've got one working through the usb cable but it does take some software (all freeware though) and does allow for full customization of analogue sensitivity and what each button does.

7. Deders

Deders Modder

I was suprised at how good the 360 controller is, having the left stick near the top left of the control pad makes it easier to access the d-pad when you need to change weapons or whatever.

It's comfortable to use and is compatible with pretty much all new games that support a controller, whereas with a lot of other controllers need an Xbox 360 controller emulator to get any function out of them.

Only thing I found with mine is that it broke within 2 months of owning it, the y axis on the left stick kept thinking it was being pushed up. Currently waiting for Play to send me my replacement.

8. woods

woods What's a Dremel?

Playing with mine for over a year now no problems, the only game I'm not using it for at the moment is Mass Effect, only because I cant be bothered to configure it

9. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Xbox controller is awesome really, and you don't even need to install anything!

10. mardon

mardon What's a Dremel?

Get the wired as its cheaper and will work straight away with Assasins Creed 1,2 and Brotherhood. The wireless one has issues.

11. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Wired Xbox 360 controller. cheap as chips and works perfectly.

12. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

The new Razer Onza clicky.

Currently been using my 360 controller, but i can't wait to get my hands on one of those :p.

13. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

+1 for the Xbox controller. Love mine, reminds me of when I used to pwn on consoles.... now i pwn on PC :)

14. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

+1 for Xbox wired controller - good price from play or amazon and works very well with games such as Dirt2, Grid, Wings of Prey, Batman (Lego and Arkham). My generic controller was OK but required lots of configuration for every game and doesn't feel such good quality.