1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Installing another OS on an Android tablet?

Discussion in 'Software' started by gnutonian, 7 Feb 2011.

1. deadsea

deadsea What's a Dremel?

Actually, that looks like one of those Apad thingys. Otherwise know as the heropad/tab. Slatedroid might have some things you can try. But the market fix should be fairly simple.

I got a witstech A81G/midnite/blah blah blah for the wife. Pain in the arse to even get usb on it, but slatedroid provides detailed directions. Main thing to remember though. Android was always meant for phones. If a phone doesn't have the corresponding part, don't expect it to work without lots of duct tape and bashing.

2. gnutonian

gnutonian What's a Dremel?

I've found a few "market" websites, unrelated to the Android App Market [app]. For example, the SlideME website seems to allow you to download .apk files (then transfer them to the tablet & install them). This could work.

I tried to restore it to factory settings and all I got was a message that the factory reset had failed :hehe: ! I'm sure I can get by with 'alternative' .apk sources and what the tablet is now. All I can think of to improve it hardware-wise is to elongate the wifi antenna. It's probably the OS, because ethernet is also slow, but it's worth a try (one of my colleagues used to be an electrician, who's already fixed a lamp for me - quote "I like soldering" ;)).

Last edited: 16 Feb 2011