1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sapphire announces new graphics cards and Fusion motherboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 21 Feb 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I've seen those flex cards, although eyefinity is possible without adaptors it's unlikely that you'll have the right combo of monitors to do it. They still include a hell of a lot of adaptors with the card.

3. The Infamous Mr D

The Infamous Mr D Minimodder

Xtend sounds a lot like ATI's old All-in-Wonder cards that were fab, I had an ATI Rage Pro 128 AIW back in the day! They are a pretty good idea really, saves on upgrade space if you have a mini-ITX board with only a single PCI-E graphics slot.

4. Dannythemusicman

Dannythemusicman What's a Dremel?

Eyefinity user here. Currently running x2 DVIs and a VGA DP adaptor for the 3rd monitor - very interested to hear of a x3 DVI connection as it may make the setup process a heck of a lot easier and thus far more accessible for those not familiar with setting up multi-monitor rigs.

5. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Sapphire rocks, although their motherboards have never had the same impact as their Graphics cards. Will be interesting to see how the P67 board and the Fusion board turn out though.

Any chance of a review of the Asus E35M1-M PRO micro-atx board, which scan have in stock at the minute? Nice looking passively cooled E-350 based board, although the E35M1-I DELUXE mini-itx looks even better http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=9BmKhMwWCwqyl1lz&templete=2

6. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

since they aquired EVGA mobo dev team I'm looking forward to see their Hi-end mobos in the future, I respect them as a company with quality products.

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Hopefully these types of boards will bring back the HTPC market because Im sorry although its more work setting up a HTPC and getting it to work it is A LOT better then any set top offering and just so much more versatile and useful. I LOVE my HTPC ^_^ but its on a full top end system that doubles as my gaming rig so it would be nice to build a HTPC with one of these ITX Fusion boards :)

8. Lazy_Amp

Lazy_Amp Entry AMD Engineer

c

But still, what people seem don't seem to get is that you can run more than 2 monitors outside of Eyefinity mode. I've got three different ones right now (one placed vertically, which I definitely couldn't do with Eyefinity), a setup I greatly enjoy. I can only Minecraft on one, but the others are used for surfing/chatting/videos. and work is a lot easier when I can have two displays of consoles and still have my email open.

Even then though, DisplayPort adapters are getting more common (especially the mini ones, probably mostly because Apple users have to get them), so unless the Flex cards are less than the price of one of those(>10$ online, ~25$ in store), what's the point? And then, would there even be room for a 4th DP adapter on the card, for 4 monitor goodness?

9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I'll be interested to see what a 6950 toxic can do, assuming they do one of those. The flex cards sound good too.

Tags: Add Tags