1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Favorite BFBC2 weapon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The_Beast, 22 Aug 2010.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

totally agree about the lack of class speciality. but there is quite a clear distinction between them when you disregard the all-kit weapons:
    -assault: kill infantry at front line, or provide smoke cover.
    -engineer: kill vehicles and deny cover with rocket launcher, repair vehicles.
    -medic: LMG cover fire and heal
    -recon: mid to long range spotting and motion sensor intel.

it's the all-kit weapons that tips the balance, it makes recon an uber powerful shotgun beast because they know exactly enemy positions with their motion sensor, with help of C4, making it a very powerful class all round. the all-kit weapon can also tip the balance for assault class. with the ammo box, assaults basically have unlimited C4! that makes them excellent at taking out vehicles.

the counter for motion sensor is to not move :) or use height difference to confuse the enemy in a house.

assault is actually the go-to class for me :eek: using all-kit weapon and do suicidal C4 runs on tanks. but you are right, if you force me to choose a class, the motion sensor trumps everything else for me in terms of usefulness.

regarding avoiding C4, you just have to keep moving. a tank moves faster than running, so just have to position the tank so that it moves out of C4 throwing range. and a good gunner helps hugely.

the best way to take out a tank is from the side/back. engineer's silenced weapon helps with the sneaking. 2 RPG/AT4 rockets from the side/back. if you are an assault, smoke screen should prevent you from getting killed. the key is to hit at right angle from side or back, otherwise it's 4 rockets, which takes a bit of teamwork to take down a tank, especially when it's being repaired.

BF3 has 4 kits? confirmed?

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I haven't seen is officially said anywhere so keeping my fingers crossed.

3. Nowell @ CCL

Nowell @ CCL CCL Customer Services

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

5. wyx087

Assault: ^Assault + ammo
    Engineer: ^ Engineer + ^Demolition (fine by me)
    Medic: ^Medic + LMG (overpowered!)
    Recon: ^Sniper + ^Spec-ops, depend on weapon layout. auto-sniper rifles + C4 -> spec-ops.

what i'd like is something in between:
    Assault: BF2 style + C4
    Support: BF2 style
    Medic: BF2 style
    Engineer: BFBC2 style
    Recon: BFBC2 style but no C4, with claymore.

that way, no more overpowered Nelson Bay mass LMG medic rush.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd go with that, quite happily.

(Combine Assult with Spec-ops? Guns without M203 get C4 like when you rock a G3 or M14?)

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I totally forgot you can use C4 on the assault class when you use an all kit weapon, I've been switching to the recon class each time :duh:

I might start running that more often in that case, but then the only difference between the assault and recon classes is that one has a motion sensor and one has an ammo box. So two classes designed for completely different roles, yet they have pretty much the same kit :/

Re: the BF3 classes, I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere in the BF3 thread as part of the big Game Informer reveal.

8. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

Except that with those subtle changes you completely change their role: recon - does some recon with the motion sensors (i.e. what they are meant to do) and the assault class - refils his and his fellows ammo on the front line (as they are meant to).

IMO they are still keeping some significant role-specific....nes in there.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

How do you do you get that? I haven't totally unlocked Assault class yet.

10. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

You get c4 on assault class by using one of the 'all kits' weapons.

11. wyx087

that's what im thinking, so assault is BFBC2 style without ammo box (so unlimited C4).

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Recon <3<3<3

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

You certainly have been rocking the sniper rifles Jake :D

Will have to make it a matter of fact to find you and introduce you to my 40mm shotty.

14. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

Many people have met Caolan's shotty ;)

I, for one, am a frequent acquaintance :)

15. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

You're gonna have to get close to me to use it ;D

16. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

This thread has been neglected of late :'(

Enjoyed a good few games on the ZiiP server with TS3 providing lols. I must say I quite enjoyed playing hardcore for once, I find I miss the minimap a lot though.
    Hopped onto the BiT server after, had a good few rounds on there too though the number of bullets it takes to kill someone in vanilla has become annoying to me...

The SVU in hardcore is lethal.

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I perfer the Type 88 due to the signs (if memory serves me right), but both are vicious things on Hardcore.

The VSS is a very nasty weapon too. Basically just sneak from bush to bush and you can drop loads of people since the thing is very well suppressed.

18. wyx087

does VSS have tracers? the T88 has terrible flashes, making it hard to take shots quick session, SVU solves that problem thus it's excellent.

better still, running around like a noob with a M24 :D

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

You are noobalicious with that M24..

I'm rocking with the G3/M14 ACOG alot at the mo. Oh, and randomly running around blowing up every possible building with C4

20. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

G3 with ACOG too? I found that it just restricts your view too much over the iron sights. Not using it means I can use the lightweight equipment perk.