1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

It'll be awesome if it is in MP! Give those pesky snipers something to think about!

2. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Nah, we're already lying on the ground stabilising ourselves.

It'll just make it frustrating for you to shoot at us "pesky snipers".

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

if there taking fps to the next level, they should make sniping hard, but rewarding.... i mean one hit kill pretty much no matter the range [unless it something like the M14, two shots depending where there hit?]... but like in BC2 i want gravity pull, but also wind this time...

i hope they do make snipers more realistic, like if they do have a Barrat 50.cal, it should be pretty useless unless its set down onto a wall or the floor with the Bi-Pod, and also its heavy as hell, so the sniper carrying it should be slow, and but dont reduce the running distance..

M200 should be just like it is in real life [if its included], almost 2 miles range and have beyond supersonic bullet speed [ the round that is made just for the m200 is the 408.cal and is very aerodynamic], lighter than the Barret, but no R700 in wight so should still have to set it down to hit anything at a decent range.

If you have a trigger happy/ spray and pray play style, then fine, but you should prepare for alot of jam's imo.... even today, you will be lucky to empty mag after mag with no jam on a normal assault rifle. MG's are a different matter, but still not immune

Must haves for in weapons is the M200 in sniping.. would be mad not to, as its the most acreate and longest range sniper to date... and has more stopping power than even the Barret 50.cal because of it 408.cal round it use's.

Kriss Super-V [AKA Vector]
    This super light weight sub MG us the same size as the much loved and used MP5, but use's a piston style hammer, instead of a boot type hammer... this greatly reduces recoil there for aiming is inproved in bust, or fully auto firing sessions.. on top of that it uses a 45.cal round instead of the weak and tiny 9mm round, making the stopping power much more deadly than other sub;s.

I dont want to see stupid shyte like WW2 weapons like in past BF's.... the AK47 should the pretty much the oldest gun i want to see.

EDIT: something i would love to see if your sniping away happily with you tent and BBQ... then you see a Blackhawk come round and starts raining down with led from a on board mounted gatling gun or even a artillery strike, i would to be able to leave my sniper behind, and just get up and run like fook! but this would just leave me with my side arm and a nade or 2

Earthquakes in MP:

I think it should be in.. should only be in may be 1 in 5 games? bare in mind games will not lost a mer 15 minutes like the BC2, more like 30minutes to and hour i hope.
    Be wikid to see the earthquake shock wave coming from miles away as i stand on top of a building and hear loads of radio chatter from other players going "oh **** EARTHQUAKE!!!!" then everyone just looking for a safe place to hold up for a minute till it pass's or begging for air lifts from close by choppers....

Last edited: 5 Mar 2011
  4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

The m200 is a nice system, designed well and certainly incredibly accurate. Taking windage into account though in a game? Is it really required? Surely leading the target and correcting for drop is enough to keep it somewhat challenging and still fun. Windage, shake, breath, all the other variables are perhaps best kept to Sniper Elite games in my own opinion.

If I remember correctly, the Barret .416 round that they developed, the presenter on Future Weapons managed a cold-bore shot at 2286 metres (2,500 yards). For a cold-bore shot, that's incredible. Also, because I am in a pedantic mood this morning, 2 miles? That's 3,218 metres... :p

I would definately agree with the weight of weapons making a difference though, certainly lugging an M416 around is a damn sight easier than hefting an m240 LMG or a Barret .50 cal.

I'd love to see an RK-62 in the game, but that would never happen :D
    I don't really care what weapons are in the game, so long as they don't balance them all to essentially be the same as happens in so many games and they're basically just reskinned guns.

I'm not sure about earthquakes in MP games, a bit too much perhaps.

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

maybe wind for super long range sniping attempts? such as across the map? other wise makes little to no effect... just an idea

6. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I agree to a certain extent, there's no way in hell you'd fire a sniper rifle from anything other than a prone position in real life.

This would just piss people off and there are enough penalties for spraying.

How does a .500cal have less stopping power than a .408 cal? The barrett is an anti-matiriel sniper while the cheytac is an anti-personell sniper; the barrett is going to be able to do a lot more damage.

Perhaps the snipers should have a PDW (MP5K/P90/etc) as a sidearm in return for nerfing their primary.

Too gimmicky and infrequent to be worth it IMO.

7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Its ALOT faster, more connectice energy, and cuts though the air like hot butter.
    skip to 2:35

8. J!n

J!n That's aperture science

I can see allot of console gamers moving to PC just for the 64 player due to this game, exspect allot of im a noob at building PC's but im a uber leet gamer played loads of cod on my 360 threads popping up in the near future :lol: will this play BF3 my mum gave me a budget of £300 :naughty: :D

9. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Hmmm i thought i posted but apparently not.

/In before "Intervention and Vector are already in MW2"

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Heh, already had that, but i dont see why this should matter... loads of guns in cod are going to be and or have already been in a BF before, and both games tbh have made a really bad representation of them, nothing like what they should be.

11. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I didn't see it before :(.

But i would like to see the Intervention in BF3 at least, being the pesky Sniper/Recon that most people seem to hate.

I just wish they'd mix things up with the snipers since there isn't really much choice between them:

- Dragunov SVU and Type-88 are essentially the same, except the former is silenced.

- M24 and SV98 are pretty much identical except the latter has a 10 round clip.

- The Barrett 50.cal is rather worthless except for a shorter "body 1-hit kill range"... the Anti-armor part of it is barely effective (at least from when i tested it against a friend in a chopper). The reduced bullet drop just throws off my already finely tuned *coughcough* Sniper senses/compensation.

- The GOL is the only bolt-action rifle that has no Sniper sway which is why it's pretty much the only Sniper ever used/the Sniper that people work towards. Unless you're going mid-range and you take the Semi-Autos. I believe it does slightly less damage overall, but it's still one headshot or two body shots to kill (at least over the distances you should be sniping at anyways).

12. omicron

omicron Baud.

GET SOME

13. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

14. SPNKR

SPNKR Pretty Good Kid

That looks sick as hell, I can't wait for this game to be out.

15. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

the buckling road is pretty impressive

16. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

YESSSSS

Realistic souuuunds from behind the gun!

18. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

AWESOMEEEE!!!

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

awesome sounds!

fully expect this game to come on 3 dual-layer disks.

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

first PC game with a bluray version? :jawdrop: [joke]