1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music I need LOUD headphones

Discussion in 'General' started by gnutonian, 10 Mar 2011.

1. gnutonian

gnutonian What's a Dremel?

I live in the centre of the city, I can run for about five seconds before I have to cross a road. Not to mention that I am extremely lazy ;)
    And I don't have a car because, well, I live in the stupid city centre. (I've driven here once in a rental and was ready to start a real-life GTA after two minutes.)

:D Actually, the cravings have been a lot less bad than the last two times I tried to quit. But to be fair, the day I quit was the day I came down with a lung infection (thank you, fate), so I've been sick ever since I quit :hehe:

I probably should've been a lot more clear in the "noise" factor. I mean "normal loud". If you could hear the pathetic display performed by the two Philips headphones I got (I didn't get a Sony because my appartment, which is totally a sovereign nation, has an embargo against them) you'd understand it better, I think. (This is by no means an invitation to come over. :p) Of course, I could've tried to explain it better in the first place; then people would be less worried.
    I think, anyway. It's probably not a bad idea to look up certain things about ears and decibels and how not to Nevsky myself into deafness (see what I did there? Man, I'm good!).

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Just clearing this up.. The E5 won't turn bad headphones good, or introduce MEGA BASS into headphones which can't handle it.

You'll need to start off with good headphones to get improvement from an amp.

With crap headphones, all the E5 will do is MAKE EVERYTHING LOUDER and damage your hearing. :thumb:

3. gnutonian

gnutonian What's a Dremel?

But, assuming I understand this correctly, if I control the volume with the speakers I plug the headphones [amp, really] into/the amp/the volume control on the headphones; I'd be quite able to control the volume, surely? "Make everything louder" is kind of what I'm after, with of course the... whatchamacallit... prevision that it's not an immediate death sentence for my hearing :p But with three or four (alsamixer included ;)) I'm sure I'll be fine.

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I don't quite understand what you mean :(

5. Deders

Deders Modder

I think what docodine is saying is that poor quality headphones will still sound poor, only louder, but good quality headphones will be able to make the most of the improved sound quality the amp will deliver, assuming that the source is good enough quality in the first place.

Just out of interset what would be the source?

I've had MP3 players in the past that have had to comply with EU decibel limits, but sometimes there is a way to switch this off via the engineering mode so it's the same volume as the rest of the world will hear, but depending on the headphones you could lose your hearing by doing this.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Tape some really loud hi-fi speakers to your head.

7. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Grats on deciding to give up by the way.

I will one day too...

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Be careful with it though... might sound weird but as people say hearing damage is not cool i think i might have done it to myself so i keep it down now and sometimes remove it from the setup

When you first get it and put it up full volume it will be unbearable but gradually your ears will want it louder and thats when you start getting problems

What this chap said ^

I was listening today and when i took them of i could hear a ringing it made me think "**** im ****ing myself up like this" and know i've taken the fiio out of the loop for a while and kept my volume down.... it lasted for maybe 30 seconds and went thats it

Lucky im one of these guys who is very concious of his music taste and keep it just so i can hear when in class etc so it does'nt effect me then :thumb:

9. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Back home I just plug some of these
    [​IMG]

Into one of these
    [​IMG]

To get this
    [​IMG]

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I suppose you missed my other post ;)