1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Making my stuff quiet, recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TSDAdam, 9 Mar 2011.

1. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

try running prime 95 to stress the cpu and then furmark to stress the gpu and see which is the noisy one

2. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Yeah but extra case cooling will take some of the work off your GPU and CPU heatsinks anyway by supplying them with more/cooler air. I have to agree with everyone else and suggest you improve your case cooling.

3. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

Turn your speakers up louder.

Just kidding, kinda, but that's generally what I do when I'm gaming (my system doesn't get that loud but I'd much rather hear sound effects and the like than my GPU fan). I've heard a side panel intake/exhaust (depending on your cards configuration) can help prevent the GPU fan from kicking on full speed as often. With the Define R3 I can't decide myself whether it is worth opening the moduvent and silencing material to try this for myself but my temps/noise are manageable at the moment.

4. TSDAdam

TSDAdam Beard!

Just digging this up to thank everyone for the advice, I bought and just installed the Gelid Tranquilo and a Scythe Gentle Typhoon. I just played a bit of BFBC2 and so far there's almost no audible change when it's all under load, so thanks again :)

5. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Sorted! Good work, I hope you have many happy (quiet) hours gaming. :thumb:

6. chomps1891

chomps1891 What's a Dremel?

The fractal fans in my opinion are rather lacking in the cfm department, Noctua are one of my faves at the moment granted there colour scheme is not for most.

Regards John

7. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

When I'm playing BC2 I can't hear anything over the noise of everything around, below and above me exploding into smithereens!

8. chomps1891

chomps1891 What's a Dremel?

I hear that :thumb:

Tags: