1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 2 Demo... Average to say the least

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by will_123, 7 Mar 2011.

1. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Oh FFS. Why is it there at all??!! A "Press Start to begin" screen is completely and utterly redundant, why not just be presented with the menu straight away? I will never understand this...

2. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

"Press start" is out of place on both consoles and PC. Press start is from arcades and probably made it's way to consoles from the porting of popular arcade games to consoles in the 80s and 90s. it's just something that seems to have stuck.

Raging about pressing start is pretty stupid. It really is nothing game-breaking in all honesty. Crytek obviously trolled those crybabies by changing 'start' to 'enter'.

Btw...Hans zimmer. i thought the farting bass was familiar.

3. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

Originally Posted by morkfromork View Post
    Crysis 2 cod with everyone cloaked. Was looking forward to it but now not going to bother at all.

Never played halo so can not compare with it. Agree with the health regeneration however when i say like cod it felt like i was playing mw2 and black ops but with a diffrent graphics and guns.

Everytime i moved around a corner there was either someone cloaked behind or infront of me. Ok sometimes but all the time gets a bit tiresome.

Obviously just my opinion. I don't like the game and will not buy it. Some do seem to like it and will buy it. Again there choice.

4. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

here's some PC footage from the campaign.

What's with hitmarkers in SP games these days? completely unnecessary.

5. sausages

sausages What's a Dremel?

Hmm. Looks alright. I'm constantly disappointed at the new location. The gameplay is interesting though. I think it might actually be better. With the first game, the locations were quite open, so you could approach most battles from almost any angle, and with the superman suit, it made them all quite easy and simple and maybe even boring. Even if you played terribly, the suit could get you out of danger. If the worst came to worst, run behind a rock or sprint at 200mph in to the nearest forest. And you had armour mode the rest of the time, with constantly regenerating health and energy.

To get really exciting moments, I think you had to kind of self impose them. Like the Gunsmith videos, if you just kind of run in to the middle of all the enemies, all hell breaks lose around you, and you have to play out of your skin to survive and it can be pretty exciting. Super jumping up on to a roof to escape. Stealthing off the other side and punching some guy in to next week, then running around the building to escape his friends, throwing one guy in to another guy, and then just shooting everyone left standing.

This game looks like they have narrowed down all the locations in the game to be more tightly packed, so that most of the combat will be like this whether you want it or not. Walking down a narrow street and there's bad guys behind you, in front of you, and nowhere to run away. Then you run around a corner and there's a tank in your face. Looks like it might be pretty exciting. That's what I think/hope anyway.

6. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Having seen a mate play the leaked beta I can say this guy is playing with godmode on.
    Seriously, the game plays like crysis and feels like crysis. You cannot become a walking tank unless you are playing on easymode.

That is a terrible video really.