1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Arcanum - Hatred 2003 (Updated movie 4/20)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Arcana, 11 Feb 2003.

1. Arcana

Arcana What's a Dremel?

A friend of mine was commenting on how soft ping-pong balls are plastic wise...AND coupled with flammable chrome paint said I may have myself a firehazard in the works....your thoughts?

And regarding the anodizing...if I can't find a way to get the black anodizing back on, I'll just lacquer it...or something....and maybe decal the logo on it.

2. Arcana

Arcana What's a Dremel?

Bought me a Microsoft internet keyboard last night....dissassembeled it...will start the painting tonight...vinyl dye...mmm...

3. metalgod

metalgod What's a Dremel?

case looks sweeet :)

4. Arcana

Arcana What's a Dremel?

thanx bro! the keyboard is gonna rock too!

[​IMG]

Sanding the keys and will have them painted soon...then decalling begins.

I'm having to sand the keys because the red vinyl dye doesn't hide the lettering on them...

5. metalgod

metalgod What's a Dremel?

wh0a. awesome.. must see that keyboard ready :]

6. Arcana

Arcana What's a Dremel?

Well, after much painting, and getting vinyl dye on the carpet and sanding my ASS off...Here it is...the keyboard...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I left the labels on so it'd look more professional, and everything is basically ready for relettering...

Here's my plan for relettering...
    [​IMG]

The braces for the long keys aren't in because the installation isn't quite permanent...Once I get the decals on (I have the keys in the board so I can tell which is which) I'm going to pop all the keys out again and clear coat them a few times to protect the decals and finish. I'm quite proud of the way this keyboard has come out so far. Feedback?

7. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Feedback: :) Looks cool so far. Is that the Wolfenstein font? Got a good guide for me on how to make personal decals too for my old keyboard? :naughty:

8. Arcana

Arcana What's a Dremel?

Its the Diablo font to be exact...Exocet heavy is the name...

And unfortunately, I'm not the first to come up with the idea...here's a guide: http://www.xtrememods.com/articles/?id=7

I just used photoshop to build my decal plan...gonna print it when I buy the decal kit this week.

9. Spoonman

Spoonman What's a Dremel?

Ping Pong balls are pretty flammable themselves... I can speak from personal experiece.

I've never really been a fan of red/black color schemes and not much is gonna change that. If you take that into account though, its really cool. Glad to see someone finally getting around to doing the whole keyboard.. :) Looks great.

10. criminally insane

criminally insane What's a Dremel?

/me looks at keybaord on the clothesline drying after last coat of clear coat

hurrry uppppp i gotta finish you keyboard before Arcana finishes hissssss

:p

looks great

11. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

What font is that up in the right corner, the one that you used to spell your name.

12. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Minimodder

Vinyl Dye

I been lookin at stores in the states for vinyl dye and can't find it anywhere. Where do you get it from and what's the brand called? Would be a great help for my keyboard as well (already have the decals made up and ready).

13. Arcana

Arcana What's a Dremel?

The font in the right corner isn't a font at all...its a custom designed name I did back when I was younger :D Its basically my name in 80's thrash band logo style :rock: :rock: :rock:

As for the Vinyl Dye...I used Plasti-Cote Vinyl Color that I found hiding at pep-boys...The funny thing about vinyl dye is that I've never seen it called that...I always see it listed as Vinyl Color...ask for that by name.

14. the_secret

the_secret What's a Dremel?

-> looks really good. ( got to get me some vinyl dye)

-> love the 80's thrash band logo styled name! :rock:

15. Arcana

Arcana What's a Dremel?

I thought about something...There's a problem with the lighter colors of Vinyl Dye such as the Red I used...the letters on the keys were showign through the lightly tinted paint...

I was thinking you'd probably get a deeper red color, but perhaps a lgith coat of black on all the keys prior to the red application would have eliminated the need to sand all those letters off...perhaps my next adventure into the keyboard mod I'll explore that...my wife wants one done for her.

16. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

man, that's looking good dood... I likes the Diablo letter set! :rock:

17. Arcana

Arcana What's a Dremel?

Yeah...I can't WAIT to get them on the keys man...its gonna OWN!

18. Arcana

Arcana What's a Dremel?

OMG! They look SO seckseh! Alls I gots to do now is spray on the last step spray and cut them out and start applying the decals...

[​IMG]

My printer printed with a pretty high ink volume to make it look REALLY good...problem is...its not dry on the paper yet :eeek: soooo....its gonna sit and dry whiles I go to math class, and then when I get home, I'll spray on the last step and let it dry overnight :D application happens tomorrow! w00t! :rock:

19. the_secret

the_secret What's a Dremel?

20. zackerouac

zackerouac bring it

howd i miss this friggin thread? :wallbash: great job on your puter. like the tdk rom. cant wait to see the keyboard :rock: