1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Homefront on Steam

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bloody_Pete, 18 Mar 2011.

1. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

That multiplayer reminds me of mw2, how the game is ment to be like bfbc2.

2. Nowell @ CCL

Nowell @ CCL CCL Customer Services

I think the gameplay looks very similar to Frontlines Fuel of war which came out long before Bad Company 2 however both of these games a very different.

I see there are similarities of Frontlines, COD & Bad Company 2 Style but nothing that should let you compare them!

3. murraynt

murraynt Modder

That pop up of xp every time you kill somebody would annoy me.

4. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

The biggest problem I can see is there's so many killstreaks. I guess there are counter's for those killstreaks, but right now it's a bit of a nutache.

Flying about in a drone spotting people is pretty cool as well. Gives you something constructive to do when you suck.

I loathe the sensitivty setup.

Mw2 numbers of hackers.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2011
  5. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

That video of the single player complete rail game, like mw2 completly scripted though 9.43 is a funny kill.

Will be interesting to see what TB makes of the multiplayer, in his review.

7. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I think the MP might be OK, but it's a vertical learning curve.

I'm trying a slienced ACR running about as much as possible. As long as you're incredibly careful with cover you can do pretty well.

How many times do you spawn and run right into a sniper's bullet before you quit, though?

8. metalgearhathaway

metalgearhathaway What's a Dremel?

ah, you soon learn the key sniping points and how to easily avoid them, I worried too at the beginning, but I soon found my self in positive KD :)

9. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Single player feels just like COD. Maybe not as polished but still not bad. It is very rail driven and things like not being able to proceed through a turnstile until all the NPC's have gone through are annoying but if you look past those things the story is quite good. Well paced and not lacking the action battles you'd want and expect. Looks wise it's good but definately not amazing. The default gamma setting in the game made all the colours way too vibrant. Once I'd adjusted that I was nicely imersed in the whole post war gloom of the world.

I've only had a brief dabble on the multi but what I've seen so far is encouraging. I'll leave passing judgment on that bit till I've had more playtime but I think it'll make a nice little way to pass the time until BF3.

10. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Just played vs a guy with aimbot and speedhack.

Got pissed, bought an LAV, and hunted him round the map.

I play this in two ways now. Either silenced ghost with ACR, or lying on my belly with a SAW.

Sniper has my recon kit and phosphorous. LMG has my anti vehicle stuff. Ghost has armor and UAV. UAV is pretty great.

Anyone have a good way to identify targets from the air. People don't seem to know how to spot. Funny because I get tons of points flying about with my spotter drone. Got five stars on it once, was well chuffed.

11. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Just completed The single player, in 3hr17mins, on normal. Started a Timer then opened the Game, so that includes fiddling with options and watching all the cutscenes. To say it's corridor-y and on rails doesn't even begin to cover it.