1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress USS EURISKO - Intrepid Mark II Class

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ASPHIAX, 8 Feb 2011.

1. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Yep back ontopic now !
    Thansk !

2. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Here is a short update:
    It is good to take a break from the build every once and again. Left the build for a good week to come back and find several issues with the design that I didn't see before. So I spend the most part of the day with the dremel taking of milimeter by milimeter certain elements of the tail to make the "flow" of the design better. There was a 3 mm thick layer of dust in the room when I finished but its done now and I am happy with it!

Last time when I hooked up the tubing to the warp nacelle it looked like this:
    [​IMG]
    The white coil only just prevented the tube from folding too much so no coolant would be able to flow through. Obviously not a good solution. Take this restriction times 4 (2 per nacelles) and the single pump would definately not be enough umpff to make the ship fly any harder then warp 1,1. Back to the drawing board it is. What would make a perfect 180 degree turn and do that within 4 cm ?
    Contacted Bitspower to ask for the heart to heart measurements of their snake fitting. Could not find the deatils anywhere.
    Bitspower descided after seeing the buildlogs to send me a box with all different types of fittings, connectors, converters and what not to help me out. How extremely cool of them ! Looks like there are a lot of old trekkies around !
    [​IMG]
    Tehy are all from the Black Sparcle Series ...
    [​IMG]

So now with the new fittings it looks like this :
    [​IMG]

PS. the yellow tape is to ensure the plexi doesnt get scratched
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks a whole lot better al ready. No more restriction in the tubing which also doesnt want to press outwards by the strong curvature in the old solution.

This week will start the foam work encapsulating the nacelles and place the led array.
    No small job .. (but so much fun!!!)
    Laterz
    ASPHIAX

3. ringo

ringo What's a Dremel?

I like your theme of your con. All over all it looks amazing.

4. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

I cant wait to start the detail work on the outside of the canope, and on the fancontroller and on the servo assembly and on .... There is just so much stuff to do I need to restrict myself to work on 1 thing at a time.
    Thansk man !

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Focus man! God dammit focus! :D

Making nice progress there mate. :thumb:

6. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Gracias Amigo !
    Getting the PSU and HDD's tomorrow so I will be able to finish the deflector tunnel and with that the whole external body work. Major milestone!

7. craigr1982

craigr1982 What's a Dremel?

Nice work, looks lovely

8. adidan

Lol, that sounds probably more impressive than it should. :D

9. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Nice work on the nacelles so far, and congrats on winning MOTM! :clap:

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D I think you need to change your sig to motm winner instead of nominated :thumb::clap: congrats :).

11. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thank you ! Just cant believe the amount of support I am getting :D
    Saw you claimed the electrical knife from the misses again ;)

12. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Yep I guess i do need to change it, :rock:
    Thansk man !

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I can believe it, awesome mod :rock::thumb:.

14. craigr1982

craigr1982 What's a Dremel?

congrats on the win! now get back to modding :p

15. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Well I Guess its official now !!!

Mod - Of - The - Month FEB 2011 Winner : USS EURISKO Intrepid Mark II Class :clap:

It was very close but with 6 votes the EURISKO came out victorious :rock: and looking at the quality of the competition it is most humbling ...

I would like to thank everyone who voted :thumb: Gave mental support :thumb: and helped with tips, tricks and suggestions :thumb:!!!
    Couldn't have done it without you !!!

Grt
    ASPHIAX

PS: And now back to modding !!! :D

16. adidan

You're welcome. Not your usual box and you're in a team of one, I think it quite just that you won TBH mate. :thumb:

17. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thansk buddy !

18. Samaya

Samaya Lion Country

Congratulations!!! Your mod is awesome and the win is well deserved

19. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Here is another update :

The Deflector Tunnel!
    So, What do we have to do here. Fit the MDF PSU casing into the tunnel, fit the HDD drive cage with 2 HDD's and a SSD, fit the Laing DDC pump and add a 92mm fan for the HDD cooling.
    [​IMG]

Here is an upside down picture for explanation. After a tip from The Boiler I incorporated a structural element that will make attaching the case to the standard far more easy.
    The MDF PSU casing has been raised for a couple of cm's making it stick out under the case. This will make it fit into a slot in the to be build standard and when everything is neatly airbrushed the model will seem to float 1,5 cm's above the standard (well thats the idea at least, LOL)
    [​IMG]

A little jump forwards, I was so busy I forgot to take pictures! I cut the raised casing out of the foam and sunk the HDD cage into it. Also added some structural elements to make it more stiff.
    [​IMG]
    The foam "behind" the HDD cage has been removed to allow a 92mm fan to be placed pushing the air out of the tail section. So cool air is coming in through the raised PSU casing and pushed out through the tail-fan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enough room for all the cables, esspecially when they have all been made to perfect length ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I only have to move the pwr connector and switch to the back. A bit sorry to have to void the 5 year warranty on a PSU that has been in my posession for less than a day. Oh well, all part of the game right !?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Put everything into the epoxy/glassfiber and put some additional layers where the tubing willenter the tail and where the fan will be cut out.
    [​IMG]

Here for the tubing :
    [​IMG]

Gonna drop by the hobbyshop tomorrow for some hinges to make the pylons and warp nacelles move up and down.
    Laters
    ASPHIAX

20. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thanks ! It was close, the 700D is a beatifull piece of work!