1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Scan 3XS Scorpion-X PC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 24 Mar 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff What's a Dremel?

Oh I so want one of these :)

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

The inside looks very nice but the outside....... OH GAWD ! QUICK , SOMEBODY STAB ME IN THE EYES !

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The only part about this pc I like is the case, but the rest of it seem's very low spec for the price and would prefer 2 or 3 GTX 580's in it instead of the GTX 590 given the new review.

5. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Doesn't Bit-tech have (or had?) a business relationship with Scan? If so, doesn't reviewing one of their products pose a slight conflict?

Wouldn't bring it up usually, but I cannot remember the last time I saw a pre-built PC reviewed by Bit...

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

It only has a relationship in the same way that Crysis 2 and other games are advertised on the site, as are lots of hardware manufacturers do too, like OCZ, Gigabyte, G.Skill, etc etc.

7. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

"we saw the CPU temperature reach 95°C"
    Watercooling - You're doing it wrong.
    I'm not sure what they're doing wrong, but the CPU temp really shouldn't be that high, especially as the GPU is at a lower temperature. Did you check the waterblock was properly fitted?

8. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

The partnership could be over, but this was posted only last year:
    Link.

I think the relationship is slightly deeper than the simple advertising campaigns you listed above.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with it (I've been reading Bit for more years than I care to count and value their extensive reviews), I just think maybe a disclaimer or two wouldn't hurt. Even low-quality blogs like Kotaku mention at the end of their reviews how they obtained the software/hardware and if any business relationships exist.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

£3700 The words must be joking ring a bell

And 95c CPU temp on water wow my x58 980x on water at 5ghz with 1.45 vcore doesn't reach that insane temp, something is wrong with the water cooling I think.

Nice looking pc though

10. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

look - I'm old and silly - how does cool air get into the case is all the fans are exhaust?

11. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Through the meshed side panel cut-outs.

12. Tech NoOb

Tech NoOb What's a Dremel?

From the top, see third picture. The top fan (formerly the rear fan as components have been rotated 90 degrees) sucks air in and you also have gaps in the top of the case.

13. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Why would anyone spend an obscene amount of money on a PC housed in a case with those horrific decals plastered on it? Money can't buy taste apparently

14. Tech NoOb

Tech NoOb What's a Dremel?

Actually the top fan maybe drawing air out. Weird fan logistics. Too pricey as well. You could probably build the system for half the price.

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

as much as I agree and hate the looks of it, I'll give it something; those aren't decals, the panels are laser cut (it's said in the article :D)

16. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Whoops, I read that @knuck but I didn't think it meant the scorpion was laser cut, looking again I see the mesh underneath. Still, even more pointless! All that effort for that result :)

17. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

They're laser-cut holes, not stickers - please read our articles before posting.

18. koaschten

koaschten What's a Dremel?

Well the obvious fail in this box is definitly trying to cool an overclocked i7-2600k and a GTX590 with a single radiator that is either 360 or a 420... nonetheless, too little surface area.

19. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Yeah.. erm.. so who's to blame for this turd?

F'ugly, expensive and hotter than hell. Do. Not. Want.

20. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

I was so disgusted by what I was seeing I must've misread. You should have a warning on that review, "stroke inducing content ahead" or a pop-up box asking your DOB and if you are over 15 you get kicked to the front page

Tags: Add Tags