1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Problem with a .tb folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tolsk, 31 Mar 2011.

1. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

So for some reason I reformatted my pc recently (win 7 64-bit) and now when i look at my NAS (blackarmor 110) something has created .tb folders all over the place which are full of thumbnails of every video on it. This is i cant delete these images, cant move them and i cant take ownership of them.

Anyone have any idea what creates these folders or how i can delete them?

2. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

3. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

sadly i read that, but right now i cant even test if there being recreated because i cant remove them from my drive. I removed pretty much every media center software i have though other then windows media center. which i used for probably a year before reformatting with no .tb files appearing, the only thing i did differently was use CCCP instead of klite codec pack

4. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Did you try setting the drive to read only then add some new video in order to try to get it to create more .tb files. Hopefully what program is creating the tb files will then complain that the drive is read only.

5. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

well im just going to try copying everything off of the video share, deleting it, and remake it. Because when i copy the .tb folders over to my desktops hdd i can delete them

6. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

i think those might be created from the haali thumbnail handler, you might look and see if it's enabled.

7. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

ahh well i dont halli installed anymore i removed cccp. My problem now though is that i cant even delete the .tb files

8. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

make this into a .reg file from notepad :
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

merge it into your registry, then from your right click you should see a new context menu 'take ownership' let it process and see if you can delete it then.

Last edited: 31 Mar 2011
  9. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

sadly i tried that and it didnt work on files on my nas. I just ended up backing up my video share, deleting it, recreating it, and copying everything back. no .tb folders yet

10. ekekakos

ekekakos What's a Dremel?

Hello, I have the same problem and I wondered what cause this. I have a NAS 400 and I am coping all my files to it. This machine supports also MEDIA service (DLNA). Reading in this forum and the other one I understand that these files generated by this service as thumbnail. Because I am coping the files in any other directory which is not under this service there is no .tb directory.

11. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

Well first off the blackarmor series DNLA protocol is severly broken. I have it turned off and use windows media center on my pc with the nas directory added as a library. I believe they were undeleteable because of some shite permissions created through the said broken media service, And since it is a network drive the windows permissions dont transfer over to it properly

12. ekekakos

OK Tolsk, but how I can see from my TV (Samsung 8 Series), which supports DLNA, the photos, videos or music without having open my PC?

13. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

you cant, DNLA is broken on seagate black armor drives. you need a pc to take over the dnla abilities because seagate refuses to fix it.

14. ekekakos

My BlackArmor 400 is cooperating with my Samsung 8Series. So there is no need for a pc.