1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Shogun 2: Total War Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Mar 2011.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Cheers for the info. I do prefer the percentage scores, 79% is a better guide than 7/10 etc.

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

In that case, sure, because it clearly says "neeearrrrrly an 80%", wheras 7/10 just sounds like a flat 70%. However, what's the difference between a 72% and a 73%? In PC Gamer's Dragon Age 2 review (for example), what was the fault that pushed the game from a 95% to a 94%? Who claim you use a percentage when you'll never got higher than 98%?

There's trouble with /10s too, of course. There's not enough degrees of separation to draw differences, sometimes, for example.

In fact, there's trouble with every system - I've just had these discussions on my mind a lot lately following the PENDING CHANGES.

3. Googoo

Googoo What's a Dremel?

4. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

What sort of DRM does it require - are Creative Assembly still sticking with Steamworks?

5. chris66

chris66 Minimodder

Don't think so, it is also available over at gamersgate.

6. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Yep.

7. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

Ah yes - Gamersgate shows it as "Requires a 3rd party download and account".

Ho-hum, another game to boycott...

8. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

It's the best TW game yet. The simple reason being...

A FULL AND PROPER IMPLEMENTATION OF A CO-OP CAMPAIGN.

I've been waiting for it since the series launched, it fully deserves block capitals.

Most of the reviews missed this feature, maybe it wasn't in the review copies. But it's absolutely awesome. I mean it's probably the best TW game ever anyway, but a co-op mode has been a long time coming and it completes the game as far as I am concerned. The ability to have two players play in the same campaign, with the other player either a spectator on battles or designated units to control, is epic. Especially for massive battles when you just want to have your mate sort out your cavalry or take charge of a flank or whatever.

9. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

reminds me of that old game age of wonders:shadow magic

it was a pretty fun game to play with friends.. I dunno why I thought of that just now- but it was like that hovis, that was like back in 2003 =E

10. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

11. contact

contact What's a Dremel?

As a fan from the beginning, Shogun is probably the cleanest TW game on release so far.

Tags: Add Tags