1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Wii - UNLimited Edition - Featured in the Swedish M3 Magazine.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Angel OD, 13 Dec 2009.

1. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Most awsome WII ever to exist! May this be spread on many forums and websites!

2. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Great mod! Graz on the front page on Engadget

3. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I just saw that too! Makes a fellow dane very proud!

4. [- pio -]

[- pio -] Minimodder

Yep, that's quite a feat Angel OD! The fact that it's the third Bit-Tech mod on there this year speaks to the level of awesomeness in these forums :D

Congrats on an epic mod :thumb:

5. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

Bad feedback welcome? I don't think you're going to get any of that mate - that's an absolutely amazing piece of work!

6. Rotcrack

Rotcrack Food Maestro.

7. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Thanks guys.

It's a true honor to get my stuff out there like this.

This worklog has had about 60.000 hits the last 24 hours!! :jawdrop:

There's a lot of lovers AND haters out there, but we all know why we do these things! :)

8. codeflux

codeflux What's a Dremel?

9. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Thx Codeflux - Didn't catch that one before now! :)

10. kempez

kempez modding again!

Just saw this linked off Engadget. Dunno why I didn't spot it on here

Awesome...simply awesome

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

12. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Can't get enough of your work, truly awsome project that has that nice "I do it becase I want to" feeling. Keep it up.

13. the_crippler

the_crippler {}

Just came in here after spotting it on Tom's Hardware and read through the whole log. Glad to see that the mindset of "Too much is not enough" lives and breathes in your part of the world.

Oh, and:

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:
    :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

14. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Good to see you getting the rightfully deserved attention dude :D

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

It's just the most advanced awesome console mod I've EVER seen, well besides diecyde's flame thrower ps3 c&c mod :lol::D but this is far more sane & still a household console & probably the only wii that is water cooled I'd imagine & even if it weren't the only water wii :lol::hehe: I'm sure it's the most awesome looking one, absolutely fantastic show piece :thumb: congrats on it spreading around the net Angel :).

bit-techs server could barely handle the awesomeness buzzing around here the other night so I saved this for posting later :D:hehe:.

16. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I just realized you didn't do anything to the controller.:naughty: How about something in solid billet to make play a little more treacherous?

17. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Kempez <- :nono: Shame on you for not checking the forum enough! :lol:
    Thx man! :thumb:

Parge <- YAY! I can't hardly think of a more insane place to be featured than TomsHarware! Thank you M8! :)

The_Gnu <- Heh... I mod, Therefore I am! Right? :)

the_crippler <- Too much is not even close to being enough in here! ;) Thank you sir! :)

Editor22 <- The attention almost woke me up in the middle of the night to see how many hits my worklog got man... Almost too much! :lol:

Waynio <- I think you exaggerate! :) I have no doubt that Bit-tech can handle 50.000 hits a day extra! :) Besides that I'm honored by your words! :)

In respect to all that has happened the last few days with this build, I gotta say I'm awe-struck!
    I have a feeling that Bill from MnpcTech holds the blame for this! A few seconds after he posted the Wii on http://www.mnpctech.com/casemodblog it just took off and got a life of it's own.
    I've learned that casemodding truly is a "15 minutes of fame" thing online! For 48 hours the hits just kept coming in. Now it has settled at a normal pace.
    I must admit that I enjoy seeing my mod going "viral". :D

But when all is said and done, it's you guys in here who holds the honor for it! If it wasn't for the friendly competition in here, it would have never been made.

Apprx. 80-85% of the comments on other sites this has gotten has been "WHY?" and "Why not a PS3 or an Xbox?"

I can't remember a single "Why?" in my worklog. That's why I love this place! We give each other feedback, we comment with ideas, we give thumbs up.
    We don't question the reasons for mods. We salute those who are willing to go over the edge, and push those who aren't!

I have the utmost respect for you guys, and I'm just proud to be a part of this amazing community! The things that are created in here are truly amazing! You guys :rock:

18. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Cheaps <- I think this mod is done and over with! :) And solid billet aluminum would make for cold hands when playing strip-bowling on winternights! :lol:

: Don't insert naked picture here Angel! :

But I've got some ideas for the months to come! As you know spring and summer normally spells "working on the car", but the rules have changed... I have the CarPC to work on and I've summoned up the courage to finally contact a couple of large companys with ideas! :)
    I'd cough 'em out, but I'll let you know if anything happens! :)

19. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Yes. The major tech blogs have casemodblog on their radar. I knew Angel's creation would peak their interest and why I approached him. It is after all, "The Mother of all Wii Mods" :D

One of the reasons why your mod spread like wild fire through the media is because the Wii has become a "family" household item, just like VCRs in the 80s and DVD players in 90s. It has larger age range and demographic interest than the PS3 and Xbox. .....What do my kids and their friends talk about at school and church? Nintendo Wii games. My mother manages a retirement home with Wii Sports Bowling Thursday nights!

Besides that, Angel's design is beautiful, You just look at it and go "Wow" regardless if you're into game consoles or not.

Last edited: 16 Apr 2011
  20. kier

kier -----------------

Wow Angel, was looking for ideas for a new mod after my xbox
    tought a Wii would be nice to mod...........then I saw your mod
    AMAZING :jawdrop: Like Bill said "The mother of all Wii mods"
    Great job, Respect :clap: