1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Skyrim: You what mate?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by law99, 1 Apr 2011.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Take steam source engine further. How many bedroom modders have produced full titles themselves. Look at the golden eye mod or the RTS one I can't remember the name of >.> Point is, with an SDK not only will pc gamers get more content but also better quality content. With consoles holding back engines a £300 pc or even sticking a £100 graphics card in most base pcs now a days opens up so much more. Steam is a perfect service for not only advertising but cutting out storefronts, 2nd hamd sales and even packaging. Steam shows DRM works while letting modders run riot. I pity console players tbh since pc gaming is so cheap now and the extra cost is worth the extra content. PC gaming dying..... world of warcraft doesn't looking like dying anytime soon. Show me a console live that long never mind remain so popular.

On a side note anyone played with onlive yet? Love playing the demos on it, yes it does work in uk tho I haven't tried paying for anything

2. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I have been pretty ignorant of the modding comunity to be honest. My friend always raved about the texture packs for San Andreas. I don't know much about it.

3. Viskey404

Viskey404 What's a Dremel?

lets be fair i want a new oblivion, its going to be a dissapointment whatever they do with it, just as oblivion was, i'll just have to learn to love it again.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Trust me, modding is hard to get into, but once you do, the benefits are excellent.

I'd say skyrim is just going to improve on the Oblivion formula, outside of the almost idiotic menu system and perhaps the levelled world(I miss exploring into areas then hauling ass b/c they were too powerful in Morrowind), Oblivion for the most part was extremely enjoyable. Aside from some of the more glaring glitches and odd performance issues, the gaming experience was quite well done. And as for Skyrim, I only expect it to be Oblivion with a better combat system (think Dark Messiah of Might and Magic) coupled with a few more weapons classes, and some Morrowind influences thrown in there for good measure.

Of course, I wish they just re-made Morrowind with the quality that CA did with Shogun --> Shogun 2, but hey.

5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Elton, did you play the Witcher? I'm considering buying either the Witcher or Oblivion see... I can't wait for Skyrim see.

6. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

If you've not played oblivion, get that. It will give you a much better idea on what Skyrim will be like. (just be warned, modding is required to at least fix some of the problems in oblivion)

7. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Well... it may just be oblivion. I've got a hankering for something with greenery. So, oblivion will probably get a pick up. I need to get crysis too.Crysis first, then oblivion. Although I need to play the witcher too... hmmm.

8. Elton

Play oblivion, grab the texture pack mod and be on your merry way.

And a UI mod if you so desire.

It is, one hell of a game to be sure.

9. Elton

Play oblivion, grab the texture pack mod and be on your merry way.

And a UI mod if you so desire.

It is, one hell of a game to be sure.

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'm honestly really confused as to what this sentence had to do with the rest of your post :confused:

11. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I don't want to see Elder Scrolls start losing out on quality single player action because resources are allocated to multiplayer, especially if it turns into a MMO type experience, as I know I don't enjoy those sorts of games.

12. Elton

Elder Scrolls won't unless they make a game that is a spin-off. The formula has been tried and tested for far too long and the game is well known amongst most gamers anyhow. If it deviated and it ended up badly, Bethdesa would lose credibility within the gaming community faster than Epic did.

13. law99

law99 Custom User Title

lol

Epic Cheesecake!

14. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Epic floundered a bit with UT3 (I personally loved UT3, but there you go) but they still have the best name for a gaming company ever. I mean seriously, how lucky was that choice? It didn't mean anything much more than "very long work of fiction" when they formed.