1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

GW store be a good place to get ure brushes from, or head to a hobby craft for brushes.

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Well. I started off collecting Blood Angels (space marines, as most people do). I had a skirmish army of about 1000 points, was good for a quick bash. When TAU were announced I jumped on the bandwagon and on release day I purchased a 2000 point army, about a third of which I put together and not even half of those I painted. I should really see whet I have unmade and see if I can sell them lol, I don't play anymore :(.

I tend to find I am more of a fan of the games. Started out playing Chaos Gate and jumped on Dawn of War when it first came out, love it.

3. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Dawn of War is fantastic, as me and Phalanx found out last night it gets addictive.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Grey Knights so far:

[​IMG]

Today's addition:

[​IMG]

5. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Very nice :)

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

+1, they look excellent.

My first squad of necrons is now done.

Still got another 6 to finish painting, 10 to paint, and another 12 ish to build and paint.

And then my chaos army to paint too, :D

7. Viskey404

Viskey404 What's a Dremel?

I collect Eldar, i rarely play but i find it really relaxing just to paint the models, they are so beautifully made its really worth the effort to see the finished work.

8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Finally found a piccy!

[​IMG]

So those blue and red Bugmans banners (well you can only see two in this shot) hanging from the beams? I made those :D

9. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well manged to get a bit done tonight, put together a few more metal eldar models, then undercoated them and others, get myself ready for painting.

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Nice one Throbbi. What the hell do you do for a living? Or was that just a hobby?

I should be picking off the last flecks of crap off Ghazghkull today so that I can undercoat him and possibly start re-painting him soon.

11. DieselPower

DieselPower What's a Dremel?

I started out with Ultramarines about 5-6 years ago, and I was hooked, put about £700+ quid through GW :D
    Even though i'm not a very good player i'm pretty good at the building and painting of them, mostly just buy kits to paint them now to practice for the Golden Demon compo, but I still haven't finished my Devastators which have been sat for couple of months on my workbench..
    I'll post some pictures when I've finished them, whenever that may be.

12. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Was just a hobby linked thing. Was once seeing a girl who's dad ran the bar and knew i was arty. Still, got a staff only (at least at the time) Warhammer mug, limited edition staff only anniversary model (single space marine captain which fetched me £75 :D ) and a couple of painting pointers from Mike McVey himself.

AS for the actual staff areas at GWHQ you have never seen such a colossal mess of crap and junk in your life rofl. All they care about is the models and games and to hell with the condition of the place :D It's like the ultimate GW jumble sale with paint and computers splashed all over the place (this was about 10 years ago though)

13. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

They may have hired cleaners by now one hopes.

Did a bit of trading today of some nid/elf models i had not used for some newer elves and more eldar to get my 1500 point army ready.
    So about 10 more metal models to assemble and undercoat, with another 20 plastic models to do as well as a vyper.
    Then its all for painting, need a good colour scheme now.

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[​IMG]

Would be tempting to make the flagellant on the right, simple, but awesome conversion. I miss Inquisitor.

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Cheers.

I have to stop myself buying large numbers of troops, otherwise I just get depressed when I see how many are left to paint >.>

I still have my Inquisitor warband in a part-complete state. Eldar ranger, inquisitor and a daemon huntress.

16. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Do I see Mr Eisenhorn and Cherubeal? =D

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

You do indeed, but they are not Eisenhorn and Cherubeal ;)

It is infact Inquisitor Lichtenstein, arch nemesis of Tyrus apparently.

I had the White Dwarf with the combat report here somewhere, been trying to find it. This is actually an updated image from the original report as the Tech Priest took a hellfire round or something similarly combustable to the face, hence the plating. The Arcoflaggellent lost a leg somewhere later on in the campaign I think. It's nice that he's kept the warband up to date.

As far as I remember, the Arco is a mixture of Simeon 58X, Ghazghkull thrakas power claw (the ork power claw arms are actually a perfect match for the 54mm scale, I have one on Preacher Josef instead of his hammer), some modelling putty. His right arms is just a stump with loads of stim-needles stuck in it. :D

18. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I'm gonna go with Eisenhorn and Cherubael on principle that they're awesome.

But they're truly fantastic pieces dude :D

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Aren't they! I just wish they were mine :D

As much as I would like to make the Flaggelant, I don't think I'll sacrifice Ghazghkull for it. I've been wanting to build&paint him since the model was released.

20. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Give him to me... I'll happily kill the Xeno (see now you know that I'm a raving maniac when I talk... you understand how wierd I sound saying that lol)