1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Dirt 3 Has GROUP B!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Elton, 31 Mar 2011.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

Agreed, I didn't really like landrush, but group B !!! :clap: :clap: Now all we need is for F1 2011 to feature 1971's lineup.

Oh and the infection game mode looks like it could be fun, but it also looks like just another spin on Ken Block and Gymkhana, which is bound to upset some people.

2. TheRealShep

TheRealShep ssSSSsssssssSSSSSSSSSsss

Gief!!

Dan

3. DieselPower

DieselPower What's a Dremel?

Group B.... Sold.
    This has just sealed the deal for me :)

4. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Does have GFWL :(

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I think I can deal with it...

Or get Xliveless...

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Got the opportunity to play Dirt 3 at the Gadget Show today. It's particularly brilliant on a 3 screen setup! Handling is good and the PC version is way, way better than the 350 version.

The PC version was running pre-alpha code on the Sapphire stand. I was amazed at the quality.
    The 360 version was running beta code. The textures are not so good and the overall look and feel is quite blurry.

They had nerfed the menus on both, so I couldn't tell if they had simplified them or not.

Definitely adding this to pre-order.

7. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

[​IMG]

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:hehe: GFWL isn't so bad once you get past it, it's a minor trouble with often-awesome games.

Excitement is definitely growing with this game, if it's anything like as good as Dirt/Dirt2 then we're on for a winner.

The only thing I need now is a force-feedback wheel with a rally car-style shift mechanism. :D

9. boiled_elephant

Translation: The only thing I need now is a spare £300 that I can justify not spending on other, more important things.

I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to concoct an excuse for the purchase already.

10. Krikkit

Mmmm... True! I'm thinking one could perhaps be created in an epic mod...

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Technically you could just grab the Thrustmaster sets, because Rally Cars usually have sequential shifts.

Although admittedly if you really wanted drive group B, you'd need the 6-speed H-shifter.

12. Krikkit

I'm not talking about an H-shifter, I'm talking about the more modern sequential shifter mounted behind the steering wheel.

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

paddle shifter?

14. boiled_elephant

A lot of wheels have paddle shifters, I'd rather have a stick shift* tho. The g25/27 have BOTH, because they're just that ****ing awesome. I really, really need a g27.

[​IMG]

Yours for just £310 on amazon! :sigh: The tragedy is, I can't afford it and I know it's worth it. The thing's better-made than a lot of actual cars. Reading about its features and design just bends my mind.

*"Stick shift" sounds like some sort of painful plastic surgery.

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

The shifter is disappointing, though... but the pedals and the wheel :rock:

16. Canon

Canon Reformed

This, I picked up a GT experience a couple of weeks ago now and have been using it non stop. Dead easy to mount on any desk, the paddle shifters are fantastic and have that reassuring click, plenty of buttons, pedals are sturdy and the rubberised grips are really comfortable. Not to be confused with the Thrustmaster Universal which is alot smaller and silver centred. Oh and they're only circa £30.

[​IMG]

17. boiled_elephant

Or the slightly more pricy version with a clutch pedal and slightly nicer look:

[​IMG]

I dunno, though, my instinct about racing wheels is that it's naturally an all-or-nothing thing, because you're buying one at all. A racing wheel for games is both totally awesome and absurd and pointless; it's such a daft indulgence at any price that you may as well go nuts and buy a really nice one.

I might try the GT Experience to see if I have any overbearing problems with racing wheels generally, and then sell it and buy a g25 if none emerge.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

Not really, it's a pretty simple bit of kit, as long as it adequately measures me rotating the wheel and moving bits of plastic, rubber and metal to press buttons which are mapped out in-game, then it is doing all it needs to, I wouldn't pay more than £50 for a wheel because frankly, £50 could go alot further.

Money is besides the point however, because the novelty wears off pretty quick. I still use mine but I wouldn't notice if it disappeared.

P.S Clutch is utterly useless in too many games.

Last edited: 17 Apr 2011
  19. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Play were selling the G27 for £180 last month iirc (now £230), i missed out because stock went fast, not surprising really as i sold my 2 yr old G25 at the end of Jan for £185!!

I havent really got into the Dirt games tbh, Ill hold judgement until ive actually played it but it does look good.

20. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Dirt 2 was a great game, I logged well over 50 hours on that I should think. I'll be grabbing Dirt 3 with out any hassle as soon as I see it go live on Steam :)

It doesn't really warrant a wheel either, can be played just easily with an xbox 360 controller or a wheel :)