1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Another Sandy Bridge Build !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Erm..., 12 Apr 2011.

1. Erm...

Erm... Witty Title.

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

With one more post, you qualify for free delivery from Scan: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=186923.

With the saving, get the Pro version of the Asus board and you will be able to add another card in either xfire or SLI in the future. It is a much better board.

Also, for the same money as the WD HD, get a 500GB Samsung F3 instead, bigger and faster. If you can stretch to a 1TB (if needed), the 1TB F3 is around £37.

Apart from that, it looks like a quality spec. Make sure you keep an eye on Scan's Today Only page for daily bargains, you can save a decent amount, even if you spread the purchase over a few days.

3. Erm...

Erm... Witty Title.

I'm going to collect the paerts from Scan tomorrow as I live in Manchester so delivery isn't a problem and I don't think I will be upgrading with SLI in the foreseeable future. I will keep in mind the harddrive suggestion though, it's just that I 've heard bad things about Samsung in the past and I have used Western Digital drives for a long time now.

4. sonicgroove

sonicgroove Radical Atheist

have a look on the ebuyer site for that case with a psu bundle and save 50 quid.

5. rob the bank

rob the bank What's a Dremel?

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I like the way you people think :cooldude: :thumb:

Ahem.

More helpfully - I question if the 320GB drive is enough? 500GBs are not much more, and also 650W for that setup is pleeeeeenty and then some. A 500Wer with a 6+8-pin PCI-E will do you fine :) A DirectCU II card would do better, but .. grumble grumble.. :p

7. Erm...

Erm... Witty Title.

Thanks for all the replies ! Going to Scan today !