1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

I turned my phone off a couple of days ago due to a few people badgering me alot to do favours for them etc. So I turned it off and hid it in the corner, the last message I read was 'have you fallen out with me or something?' and now I am genuinely afraid to turn it back on....what do? :(

2. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

What is ruining my life? The inside of my own head. And the fact I can't escape it because I am currently the only person in halls so there is NO ONE to talk to.

Seriously, there is absolutely no one here apart from me. And I am slowly going mad. And my current mental attitude is not helping my long distance relationship. Nothing catastrophic has gone wrong yet but if I keep up with the sarcastic comments, something will.

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

You're not alone. In fact, just on the previous page of this thread I explained my situation as well. Go seek help if you feel like you need it. I know I will in the next few days

4. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

ah, I made it sound a lot worse than it actually is. I am just having a bad day or 14.

I think I am going to head into London to see a few friends (assuming they are free) in the new few days and hopefully get completely rat arse. That normally cures my sever bouts of being pathetic.

But thanks for the sympathy.

Last edited: 13 Apr 2011
  5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Sound of DVD burner. Thanks god i use it just once in a month (that is why i got only one external USB burner for all my PCs).

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Two bluescreens in one week caused by ATI display drivers. Never had this problem in 3 years of running Nvidia cards...

7. Sankia

Sankia What's a Dremel?

What's ruining my life? The fact I'm a final year uni student who wants his loan for shiny computer parts and has to eat beans for the next fortnight to survive!

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Being distracted by the internet and everything else, and not being able to do enough work on my final year project report.

So hard to write.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Lotus F*********** notes. AGAIN!

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Trying to sort out the deposit for moving to a new rented place, finding and moving to a new place is such a pain of a process...

11. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

Lack of shiny new Gadget which was supposed to have been delivered by now, along with the lack of tracking number for said gadget which means I have no why it has not yet arrived.

12. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Urgh, trying to find a place to rent for the first time. Looked at a couple today in my price range but... One apartment had the bedroom and bathroom under the eves, so you would have to crawl into bed and crouch to get in the shower. No storage space at all and not one for claustrophobics.

The other place was slightly smaller with a cupboard for a kitchen. Seriously, no cooker as it would be a health and safety issue in such a confined space.

No parking at either and not really suitable for the cat. :(

13. Sankia

Sankia What's a Dremel?

The perils of your first place lol Depending upon where you live you can get some horrific places! most will be overpriced and hovel-esque

14. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

FF4.0 has turned into FFFTJDFW or "****ing firefox that just doesn't ****ing work". Crash, stuck, crash, not loading.

Been using FF for over half a decade now and suddenly the new version just fails at everything.

"But nobody else is having problems with it?!" Yeah so what, how is that going to help me. Good for you, ffs.

(edit: over acting? Yeah maybe, but it's exactly random software problems like this that run me berzerk with computers..)

Last edited: 14 Apr 2011
  15. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I can relate. My first place was like living in a collection of closets as part of a house-share. It had a communal kitchen area which you could barely fit one person in, so getting food was a bit of a fight... I ended up giving up for a while and kept buying those disposable barbecues and cooked food in the local park. :D

The current place is not so bad but there's a lack of light, the heating doesn't work most of the time and the council tax is just too high for what it is.
    Luckily I have a fairly good budget for rent as I'm not moving alone (it's just most people want one and a half to two months rent for the deposit), which means we can look for places on the edge of town. Hoping to find a place with a decent enclosed garden, or a garage to turn into a workshop... a little optimistic for a rented place in Cornwall, but doesn't hurt to hope.

16. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Of course I'm not only talking to a good female friend of mine, but sharing work over facebook and my account becomes temporarily unavailiable..

The one time I actually need facebook, it bites me in the ass.

17. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Had a tonsilectomy yesterday.

For a guy eating around 3500-4000 calories a day, being reduced to youghurt and icecream is not freaking fun. I want a steak. I want fries. And I want an effing coke!

18. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Need a Job that is paying more ASAP, im getting interviews but nobody seems to get back. Tho i always get good feedback from them? but no good news?

I need to have more self control of my spending..daily cuts must be made.

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I'm at work and there's nothing much to do. It's not ruining my life, but I'd rather be at home surfing the net than at work doing it.

20. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Tell them you lost your phone charger so you couldn't find out if you had any messages? Then demand money off them for said favours :D

Edit: To save a double post-

My Mk. 4 Golf is developing a bit of a rough idle problem. FUUUUUUUU-

Edit No. 2: To save a triple post-

The ramps we have in the garage are too steep so the bodywork decided it'd gouge itself on the sides. Couldn't figure out what would be causing the rough idle by way of things we could get at through the bonnet. Checked most of the hoses, all fine. Took apart the air filter and intake, all fine. Next thing we would've checked would be the temperature sensor but it needs to be accessed from beneath the car which is why I now have scratched plastic on the underside of the front of my car :(

Also, the thing which alerted me was a lower than normal idling speed, and then on approaching a junction and slipping into neutral the engine just stopped dead, steering went heavy and I was like WTF? :waah:

Last edited: 14 Apr 2011