1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 18 Apr 2011.

1. the-beast

the-beast What's a Dremel?

Hopefully this will be released without compulsory DRM (I'm looking at you steam) for the retail release!

2. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

Dude, Linda Carter was Wonder Woman! What better voice actress would you like? (Okay, Mila Kunis is hot, but not sure she can voice act ... :)

3. Mik3yB @ CCL

Mik3yB @ CCL Everything is not going to be OK

4. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Sounds like bad news graphically (it sounds - but I might be wrong - like they're saying it's console graphics which will be 'slightly' upscaled/tweaked?)

The game still sounds pretty awesome though :)

5. triprunner

triprunner What's a Dremel?

i've read the article and felt hyped for this game (not as much as for Witcher 2 though ;-) but then i remembered that Oblivion wasn't that good (without patches and community mods), Fallout 3 was okay but loved New Vegas much more (felt much more like a Fallout game and was developed by Obsidian)

so bethesda is basically taking a more sandbox route this time (as much as you want to say Oblivion was no sandbox, more like a single player MMORPG with rinse and repeat quests).

those features like NPC mobs fighting each other, animals actually hunting and stalking prey, economy based on available resources is the right way to go, hell i've seen that model in Gothic series for the last 10 years and loved it, i'd played gothic 1 and 2 to death when everyone was screaming Oblivion.

hopefully Bethesda will pull it off, although based on their track record i have my doubts. Oblivion bored me to death with disconnected questlines based on killing mobs and static (though beautifully rendered) world; F3 was drab, gloomy, humorless with the same quests that didnt really amount to anything but killing more mobs (remember those crazy sidequests from F2 or NV?), so we'll see

6. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Assuming they actually deliver on their promises, this is gonna be uber epic! Can't wait, ah well time to fire up Oblivion in the meantime...

7. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

Who voices Meg on Family Guy ? ;)

8. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

I was hoping it would be DX11, looks like they're following Crytek and going DX9.

Oblivion sold really well, So they change a winning release model, and prioritize for consoles.
    It'll probably help us PC users by yelling at us to press the 'start' button and hold down 'x' for options or something...

9. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

Given past experience with previous games from them, pre order click....

10. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Graphics look a bit dated. Low res textures. Disappointing but then it's not my sort of game anyway so who cares?

:)

11. Srcr. Maligree

Srcr. Maligree What's a Dremel?

I half agree on that one... it looks like Oblivion, but with better textures / little effects.
    Maybe it'll look super-better in motion - right now it looks "merely" above average.

12. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Yup, merely above average. Actually, I think you've just created a new Bit Tech rating! "Merely above average award".

13. cdyson37

cdyson37 What's a Dremel?

Having delayed and delayed and delayed, this will finally push me over the edge - looks like I'll be building a new PC in late October...!

Armistice day does seem a strange choice of release date though...

14. salesman

salesman Minimodder

Any details about multi-player action?

Tags: Add Tags