1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Aluminum Sources...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kinghong1970, 16 Apr 2011.

1. kinghong1970

kinghong1970 Just a Clumsy Ape

Seems many folks here have worked with aluminum to custom build their cases...

the only vendors i'm aware of is mcmaster and onlinemetals... was wondering if you guys don't mind sharing your sources for the community...

it'd be great if you guys can post your country and source for we have quite a bit of international modders here...

thanks!

2. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I order from MSC and intend to try out Speedy Metals as I've heard good things about them.

I really don't care for McMaster as an aluminum supplier. I ordered some large angle alum, and it's gouged and scratched up to hell. I complained and they had the nerve to say something about how that their aluminum is intended for industrial applications where such is the norm. That's so not true...

I also order random odd sizes from 8020's "garage sale" ebay store.

(USA)

3. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

I live in Finland. I've bought some from Rautaruukki which is a local scrap yard and from http://metallstore.de/. Scrap yards are a steal, online stores cost millions if you factor in the shipping.

4. Gravitea

Gravitea What's a Dremel?

Try local metal shops. They usually have scraps you can get for free or ask them if you could buy individual sheets.

5. Kubba

Kubba What's a Dremel?

Hello, I asked the dude who made that awesome scratchbuild with a bent acrylic window. He said he bought the aluminum bars from here and the aluminum sheets from this ebay page.

/Kubba