1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V front jack input detection not working

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Simon bridgeford, 26 Apr 2011.

1. Simon bridgeford

Simon bridgeford i'm a pc

when i plug headphone into my front jack my computer will play audio through my headphones and my speakers at the same time instead of switching.

i have checked my mobo audio drivers and they are upto date on asus site
    my board is a asus p5n-73cm using via audio

in the audio driver control panel it normally highlights detected inputs but none of my front jack inputs are detected but sound will travel to them

it seems very odd to me

hope someone can help me

simon

2. tehBoris

tehBoris What's a Dremel?

Have you tried turning the speakers off at the exact same moment you plug your headphones in?

3. Simon bridgeford

in order to fix the problem or just to stop audio coming out of the speakers

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

If it's an Asus board it likely runs around on the Realtek chipset, rummage around the sound options in the Drivers, there's a few options in there to automatically-mute speakers, or enable Front Panel Audio detection (Seems to be turned off half the time. I 'unno why), check those first, if it still doesn't work: It's possibly a motherboard fault, try rolling back to slightly older drivers and see if that fixes it.

5. Simon bridgeford

thanks for the advice thing is it actually runs VIA audio probably cos it has a nvidia chipset

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Seriously? I thought the Nforce stuff still used the Realtek chips (At least my old 750a board did.) Still have a shuffle around the VIA audio control panel, it might be in there somewhere, but my experience only extends as far as Realtek or Xonar audio chips, sorry.

7. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

What case are you using? If its a cheap or old case, then sometimes you have that problem. Its the wiring of the AC97 vs HD audio. You'll have to google it, but i've had this problem before.