1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Portal 2 DLC confirmed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Apr 2011.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

All of the things which actually effect gameplay can be gotten without paying extra, basically. I can't see extra maps costing money for this reason, any real playable content (not just silly hats) has always been free.

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

This is what i'm saying. This is the main difference between Valve and EA or Activision. And this is why we all know in case of Valve DLC means "free DLC on non-XBOX platforms".

3. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Not really, because however you want to look at it, there is still DLC that has to be paid for in the game, it might only be hats, gestures, skins and such, not map packs but it's still DLC that has to be paid for.

Nothing personal, just pointing out that it's and theres no getting away from it.

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well, then you are one of the few who considers stuff like hats and flags as DLC. Most persons consider a new map, a new story as DLC (like Mass Effect 2 DLCs, or BF BC2 map packs).

And i have a issue with "has to be paid for". No, you don't have to pay, only if you really want it ;). The real content (new maps) is always free with Valve.

5. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

I always find it funny when people complain about completely optional paid-for content that doesn't affect gameplay at all.

If you don't like it, just don't buy it. Valve have given you the option to buy it if you want (I have many friends who like that sort of thing, and are happy to buy hats and paint in TF2).

6. radziecki

radziecki What's a Dremel?

Screw DLC for Portal 2. Give me Episode 3!

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Episode 3 will probably be out the day after Black Mesa: Source...

as for DLC [and this applies to all games]

if it's free... great it's free...
    if it isn't... they're not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy it...

as for more challenges i'd like to see the Diversity Vent and the Storage Ball/Bucket [re]introduced and possibly 'Advanced' maps like the original had.

8. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

So you do have to pay for it then, if you want it.
    If you don't want it, then it makes no difference if it's paid for or not, lol.

Yeah I guess I am being picky, but to me anything that has to or can be downloaded, thats extra to the standard game is Down Loadable Content, be it a lame skin or a huge map pack, it's downloaded content.

I don't suppose Valve will charge for any new maps on PC's but charging for the other bits of crap will give others ideas and start everything on the slow trudge to the world of console style DLC if were not already heading in that direction.

9. alf-

alf- Minimodder

gah i hate this hat ****,
    as a big fan of TF2 i've always felt the excessive amount of hats were ****ing tacky and generally diminished the style of TF2, but i don't really care that much as hats are just hats and have no affect on actual game play.

and i suppose i much prefer steam making money by selling hats, rather than charging for maps.

10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

id love a map creator tool released. i think id just spend all day messing around on it tho ^_^

11. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Oh dear. As much as I want to buy Portal 2 I can't help but have the feeling that valve are taking this one of 2 ways; console-esq DLC where you pay for everything or it's going to become the new TF2 with all the stupid hats etc.

12. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Some may disagree (and you need to decide for yourself), but I think the game is worth it's RRP regardless of whether I get free DLC or not ...

Tags: Add Tags