1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Dirt 3 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 25 Apr 2011.

1. blackworx

blackworx Cable Wrangler

IMHO Codemasters want to do an out-of-order "purists only" release that's basically an updated, expanded CMR2005. Hearing that Dirt 3 is "60%" normal rallying is quite good news, especially compared to the disappointment that was Dirt 2 (even ignoring the godawful presentation and timewasting "rich menus") but I would be very surprised if the other 40% didn't still annoy the hell out of me, and 40% is basically half the game.

2. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

excuse me they had different names in the game. Trailblazer (hill climb), rally cross, trophy trucks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_McRae:_Dirt_2 Dirt 1 definitely had dump trucks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GquPWZZ8q5I what games were you playing?

3. UrbanSmooth

UrbanSmooth Surround Gamer

I was planning on buying Dirt 2 to run on my Nvidia Surround setup, however, Dirt 3 looks very promising. I think I'll wait for D3.

4. flaming_goat

flaming_goat What's a Dremel?

Funny how all the comments in that video are people saying they aren't dump trucks :p

More importantly GFWL! arrrgh! Cant they see everyone hates it from the previous games. Ive never seen a good comment about it. It took me a good half hour to get dirt 2 to work then my save corrupted halfway through the campaign. Its so annoying because the codemasters part of the game is incredible. I guess Microsoft gives them money for making it a GFWL but cant they just have some in game adverts or summat.

5. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

It is odd why they use it. Most PC gamers prefer Steam than GFWL, so why the heck does Codemasters use GFWL? Are they completely out of touch with PC gamers? Do they have a network programmer who favours GFWL instead of Steam?

6. Ipatinga

Ipatinga Don´t bother... I´m right

DiRT 2.... very nice..... GFWL.... ****ed it. Add the annoying save games (when you format your pc for instance) and the long introduction you can´t skip.... DiRT2 went down to nice.

DiRT 3.... awesome so far.... GFWL... ****ed it (jezzz Codemaster... damn you for using GFWL). I´m not going to buy DiRT 3 at all due to GFWL....

7. Pieface

Pieface Modder

GFWL ****ed it? Without playing the game? You're good if you can read the future.

To be honest, I've never had a major problem with GFWL. Don't see what all the anger is about.

8. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Right I think it's time to get a steering wheel and put my gamepad away for a while as this looks good

9. omicron

omicron Baud.

Never understood what the big deal about GFWL is. Not had a problem with it personally.

10. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

All of my friends are on Steam and only the guys I played Dirt2 with are on GFWL. It's a waste of time and space for PC's.

Tags: Add Tags