1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits Digital Economy Act Judicial Review Analysis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 22 Apr 2011.

1. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Yes, yes you can.

I wonder what would happen if a bunch of MPs and media company execs had their IPs spoofed?
    (probably not much in all likelyhood)

2. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

Thought of the day for sure! Let us just look at Obama and just how many "promises" he made during the election and how many he kept...

other than that, seeing as in Estonia so far our internet has been unmetered, relatively cheap (around 30£/month for 100M up/20M down) and we are not under the finger of the corporations yet... but somehow i see it happening pretty soon.

there really is no better way of saying it, massive rep mate!

3. Culinia

Culinia What's a Dremel?

Based on IP address does not make sense since you can easily change your IP address with router, or at least me and other people on dynamic IPs. Not to mention you could potentially connect to an IP address that could be throttled already. Is this just me or does this not make sense? Does anyone in the government at least highly competent in ICT and communications? I think not!

Not only this, I am sure there are other ways to hide your IP address which undermines this whole system.

There is no way that any liberal and open democratic government could monitor this legally.

4. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

I don't think I am going to be affected. However IF I find myself restricted from perfectly reasonable websites then something is not working right.

One thing crossed my mind which is a general network security thing. What happens if a neighbour cracks the security on my wifi and blitzes my connection with movies and albums? How do I prove it wasn't me?

Tags: Add Tags