1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Swiftech MCP355 @ 7v?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slaw, 30 Apr 2011.

1. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

HI Folks,

Today I decided to finally watercool my system. My aim was to make it quieter. I am using a Swiftech MCP355 on a XSPC res that holds the pump. The problem is now is the sound of the pump running! The res isnt touching anything so I think its the sound of the pump itself.

Now do you guys think that it will be safe to run the pump @7V

thanks

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

they have a bit of power for a small pump, so they do tend to vibrate a bit. is it not possible to use the rubber pad when mounting in the res? i mounted my ddc on metal, with a thin rubber pad in between and rubber washer under the mounting tab and between the tab and the bolt head. stops it from shaking and making noise. its still noisy, but only water moving noise now.

you could try to undervolt it, but i would do it with adapter method in case. some pumps are even noisier when not getting their full power. i don't think it will harm it.

3. Number Six

Number Six What's a Dremel?

I don't think it will run at that voltage. AFAIK, both the DDC and D5 type pumps need 8V to start.