1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Osama Bin Laden Dead

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Volund, 2 May 2011.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

2. Houndofhell

Houndofhell One Particle to Rule Them All

The two best comments i've seen so far relating to this

and

But in all seriousness this could be a victory as far as Obama's relection. As a Christian I generally believe that life is sacred, but in this instance i just can't be bothered, this guy was a nutcase that led an organisation that killed 1000s of innocents and i'm glad to see the back of him - and to be quite honest that bothers me on a level, the fact that deep down I believe this guy was so beyond redemption that my personal beliefs don't get a say. He keeps calling the West as a whole Barbarians and given all the people celebrating and hailing it as brilliant news, i can't help thinking that on some level the bl***y b****rd won and that annoys me.

However under no circumstances does that mean that Al-Qaeda is finished for, there are 100s of suicidal nutcases just waiting to step into this guys sandals. The immediate problem is backlash. Sure it was the US that killed him in the end but i can see these nutcases launching a suicidal wave against the entirety of the West in revenge.

Last edited: 2 May 2011
  3. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Feel sorry for this guy: http://twitter.com/#!/ReallyVirtual

As the Telegraph reported, 15 hours ago he Tweeted:

"Helicopter hovering above Abbottabad at 1AM (is a rare event)."

"Go away helicopter - before I take out my giant swatter :-/"

Turns out he was the first person to inadvertently report on Osama's death.

His latest Tweets:

"Reuters got to me before I could go to sleep."

"Bin Laden is dead. I didn't kill him. Please let me sleep now."

:hehe:

As a Christian this echoes my views too. On some level I'm concerned that I'm happy at his death, but I do feel that the World's a better place without this nutjob. Anywhoo, good post; agree entirely.

4. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

5. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

...unless you've diversified into drugs, video piracy, and any other localised crime rackets as some ex-NI terrorists did.

I think the person you're quoting (what is it with this board not allowing grouped quotes?) was referring more to the fact that America wouldn't ever stop looking for him. We'll never know how quickly he would've been found without the Iraq interruption.

lp1988 said it best, we don't know the long term consequences, but some US Stock Market gains for people other than those who bet on the market around September 11th is one of the short-term events.

6. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

+1. I agree that his death wasn't necessarily the just outcome - I can't help but feel that the American Government would be happier with him dead than with him on trial, where questions like "Why the **** did we invade Afghanistan if he was in Pakistan all along?", "Why have we been in North Waziristan when he's never been there?", "Why the f*** have the Pakistanis been supporting this guy?" were going to get asked, and I think it's a shame those questions won't be asked.

I'll settle for dead, though, and I think the world is a better place without him.

7. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Will have to see now how many more will be taken out, Pakistan may not open up its country to US SF, combine this with a continued push by the Pakistan military into the tribal regions you proably have a shot at stabilising the region as a whole, would get our troops out of Afghanistan quicker as paskistan would not longer be a hiding place.

8. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Don't forget that we're currently facing a resurgence of Christian religious extremism in Northern Ireland too...nutjobs and extremists aren't just Muslim things, you know.

I can't help but think that the Americans are going to have release photographic evidence if only to show to the rest of the world that they're not lying. Overall, though, I don't think this will have much of an effect on Al Qaeda and other Muslim extremist groups - Bin Laden hasn't really been at the sharp end for a long time.

9. hellblazer.doom

hellblazer.doom What's a Dremel?

[tinfoil] just like everything else, there is so much many don't like about the situation.

The timing of it for a start. Look at when it's happened. 2012 elections, the **** going on in lybia. More so the lybia thing. I was wondering a few days ago, nato is attacking lybia, whats going to happen to get america involved. Well this couldn't have come at a better time could it, no more need to be in afghanistan, even though the idea of saying terrorism will stop at bin laden's death is idiotic.

For second, the actual proof that he is infact dead. The media using this picture as proof: http://vvcap.net/db/erWgo4kAuHurcrvR2voG.htp

Well they are using the third and final picture as proof and you can clearly see it is a shop. And them burying him at sea, why? To adhear to his beliefs? **** his beliefs, this is suppose to be america's most wanted person. We want actual proof he is dead, not just the word of a government known to tell lies to initiate their own agenda.

And the fact that they keep going on about how he was the MASTERMIND behind sept 11. Ok lets rewind. Why wasn't the sept 11 attacks on fbi.gov. The FBI stated there was not enough evidence, actually scrap that, NO EVIDENCE what so ever linking him to anything to do with the attacks.

And finally, theres numerous "slips" that he has been dead for years and years which I won't go into right now.

The actual reason given by the gov is to adhear to his muslim beliefs(why they buried him at sea). Like the rest of the world, i couldn't give a ****. Your the government and you have labelled him the worlds most wanted criminal. I want proof he's dead, not just your word.

There is so much evidence about him being employed by the CIA, and 2 weeks after 9/11, spending 2 weeks at an american hospital in dubai, treated by an american doctor, and visited by a CIA operative and this is the man blamed for the most horrible attack in american hostory... Pull the other one.

The evidence is mounting and mounting, the situations becoming more and more suspect.

But hey, like the rest of it, who cares? People like me will be called a nut job and tin foil hat and all the rest of it.

edit: just a quick edit as well, it really gets my goat that they keep saying Al-Qaeda was founded by bin laden, all the news media is saying this currently. It should be by now public knowledge, because it is on public records that it was infact the CIA that started Al-Qaeda, or what is known now as Al-Qaeda. [/tinfoil]

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'll get my coat....

11. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

+1

Anyone who thinks that this guy being dead makes any difference is fooling themselves. We all know that with terrorism, one head gets chopped off, another grows.

12. hellblazer.doom

Could not agree with this more...

Seems to be the most excellent timing going on lately.

13. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I think the only difference this makes is that there will be reprisal attacks.

14. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

hellblazer.doom:

1) That picture isn't being used by the media as proof that he's dead.

2) If he wasn't dead, Bin Laden would have released a (live) video within minutes of Obama's announcement

In-short: he's dead. There's going to be conspiracy theories about this, and there would be even if the USA released photos, videos, Bin Laden's long form birth certificate, Bin Laden's death certificate, and his DNA samples.

Logically, Obama would have to be crazy to announce this when Bin Laden was still alive (since there'd be no logic nor logistical reason why Bin Laden couldn't release a live video stream of himself - a $30 mobile phone offers this capability nowadays).

15. hellblazer.doom

Both statements are incorrect, i've seen it on sky news myself, and screen caps from french news media and it was posted on a spanish news media.

Point 2 is nothing but conjecture.

I mean to say you picked on the picture, the least important thing i said, what about the other things in my post? cmon man..

16. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Oh come on, the next election isn't until November of 2012 - if the whole thing was faked then it's hardly the smartest time to do it, as opposed to say, next summer, yeah?

As for the (I think somewhat unfair) insinuation that this action is related in any direct way to Obama's re-election, what do you expect a US president to do? Should Obama have stopped trying to kill/capture OBL simply because it's going to give him a temporary boost in the polls?

There's an awful lot of idiocy in this thread and in general about this topic. So many people seem to think the fact that this has happened and has positive side effects for the US president/stockmarket/whatever means that it must be faked. But you're ignoring the fact that either it had to be abandoned as a cause (something no president was going to do) or if not, that it was likely to occur eventually. Occam's razor guys.

Obama is a little more than half way through his presidency. Would you like US presidents to only start achieving things in the first year of their presidency so we can all be sure that they're not making stuff up to get re-elected? I also fail to understand what you think this has to do with Libya. You say that NATO is involved and wonder what will get the US involved - do you understand that the US is a member of NATO and has been actively bombing Libya since the start of the no fly zone?

So you're asking me to believe it's the third image that has been photoshopped, but how do I know it is not the second? I'll admit to not having the professional capability to know if any or all of those photo's has been altered by professionals. I doubt you do either, but you seem to be making the assumption that someone producing the above image doesn't have their own agenda.

Several good reasons for that. To adhere to muslim beliefs (The whole war is 50% PR, Obama realises that a lot more than previous presidents have), but also to prevent his burial place becoming a shrine, for those who loved him, or those who hated him. You want actual proof, what proof would satisfy you? A photograph? You have that. Some of his teeth? A few fingers? Do you have a sample that you absolutely know to be OBL's DNA with which to test these things against?

You will NEVER have your own proof, because quite simply as a single person you are too insignificant and unimportant to be in a position where you can personally verify something like this. Don't like that fact? Give up following the news.

Source please.

No, like most of the rest of the world. There's somewhere in the region of 1.4 billion muslims who care about proper muslim burial, that's the same demographic group from which a lot of people who've been causing trouble for the western world have come from lately. Don't you think not pissing them off is more important than the western world being able to build a monument to some dead terrorist?

Source please.

That's the spirit!

edit: I've been reading in various places that the picture being circulated widely which purportedly shows dead OBL originates from Pakistani news, and so is almost certainly a fake. Hardly a conspiracy by the man in the US though, is it?

Cthippo likes this.
  17. hellblazer.doom

Ill respond the the rest later but what intigued me is your asking for a source to the fbi not putting 9/11 on osama's most wanted page on fbi.gov

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists

look at that, click in him, see 9/11 there?

next please :) The fact that your asking for that evidence just shows how little you actually know about the bin laden story.

EDIT:

lets get a few things straight, presidental campaigns start long before the actual elections and what is done during their previous terms isn't going to be forgotten esp something like this.

I will admit that most of what i said is conjecture with no real fact to back it up, apart from this two things:
    Both of those are numerous evidence to support the claim, esp the second quote. It was reported by news agencies, and i remember seeing a video of an offical admit to it, these things are old public knowledge.

if your just finding out about these things you clearly have no knowledge in what has previously happened.

18. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I was asking for evidence on this in particular:

Not the 9/11 being absent from his wanted poster thing. As for asking for evidence showing my ignorance, I'm asking for your evidence as I want to know your sources for the assertions you are making. You should learn to differentiate between someone desiring a source and someone being ignorant ;)

19. paulp

paulp What's a Dremel?

Justice is Relevant

Justice is relevant, especially with Islamic terrorists. If they don't fear you then they want you to fear them. They have to know that they will live in fear of retribution.

Now that I think of it they are doing it for God and they will go to heaven, so maybe it doesn't matter to them. However I still think that it will be a deterrent to some of the older Islamic warriors (those over 30. they tend to marry and feel differently):wallbash:

20. hellblazer.doom

It's public knowledge, there are numerous sources for this claim.