1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Brink (the game)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bigkingfun, 2 Dec 2009.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

No worries fella :)

So, we're down to 4 people here.

Try not to maim yourself too bad with the skates!

2. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Hopefully once it appears in the US on the 10th there will be a few reviews up plus some gameplay videos and player feedback to give people a better idea of whether it is worth the money.

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ahem, skateBOARD! Not skates, i'm not gay :p lol

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I'm hoping for that as well. From what we have seen in the previews and the feedback from any of the hands-on sessions that people have commented on, there seems to be alot going for it.

However, it always pays to be slightly reserved these days with the rusdhed development that so many companies do. I'm hoping that the initial reviews from the states will be good and that this lives up to my expectations.

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

No it's not. You have to go grab med kits yourself, it's the players choice. Everyone's health is going to regenerate. I feel like this mechanic is going to make a lot firefights lead to both parties running away or ducking out to regen health and then return back to the firefight.

You don't have health regen in bad company 2. If you're referring to bad company 1 then idk, didn't play that.

I don't care for the whole "no weapon one shots". What about headshots? If this is going to be like BC2 where it takes more than one headshot to kill someone them screw this game. I feel like I'm going to spend most of my time in a hardcore mode if the game has one which is fine. I like game modes where my guns feel like the bullets are doing something. So far from the vids it looks like you really have to unload on your enemy to take them down. Though the gameplay vids look like console gameplay so it might be easier to take down someone with mouse accuracy.

6. frontline

The health will only regen up to the next 'pip' on the health bar, so without a medic around you are still vunerable in the next firefight. In BC2 you could run away and find a bunch of medics spamming health kits to regain full health. Plus the mobility of the medium and heavy body types isn't going to make escape from a firefight easy.

It will be interesting to see how the gameplay balances between the different classes, different body types and weapons available to each. I'm not particularly bothered about one shot kills if the gameplay is balanced and fun.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

In hardcore BC2, correct there is no health regen, in normal mode there is. Wuyanxu will attest for his liking of it ;)

Looking at the actual amount of damage that players can take, it's not very high at all. Going on what was shown in the "General Gameplay" video, heavy types have 100 health, mediums have 75 and lights have 50.

Even if the mechanic does make the other team run away and cover for a few moments, that allows the other team an opportunity to take advantage of the situation and push.

Still, this is all speculation obviously, but there is only a week until it is released State-side and 10 days until it's out here. I'm going to try and keep my mouth shut for a while as I think I've been spamming this thread a bit too much recently :D

8. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty sure thats what they want for the gameplay, make it more tactical, instead of just trying to be a rambo.
    TF2 may not have health regen but its the same concept really, if you take damage you retreat to find a health pack or dispenser or medic, then rejoin the fight.

9. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

This is a question for the Ziip people: does your pre-order offer come with bonus content? I am trying to decided whether I want to spend another £10 for additional shiney.

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

The pre-order bonuses are limited to certain retailers; Game, Amazon etc.

I had my pre-order with Steam before the Gamestore launched as i wanted the Spec Ops pack. However, after seeing the insane amount of customisation by default, I went with ZiiP. Personally it's the cheapest I can get it and I get it day of release. Other UK retailers can't do that. Play was up to 3 weeks late delivering Pre-orders in the past.

I don't work for the Gamestore, I'm just trying to put the word out for a new independant store is all. :)

Any other questions, drop me a PM :)

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

hell yeah! :rock: run away is my playstyle :D

if i were to buy this game, i'd probably play light, in TF2 scout running around like crazy or engineer at the back is the way i like to play :cooldude:

if you prefer single action kill games, try Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. fantastic multiplayer action, it's either kill or not, no health bar.

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

A huge proportion of people are indeed saying that they're going after the light body types. Naturally since they have the greatest freedom of movement, they have a huge appeal. Hopefully it'll be like shooting squirrels :D

I'm more than likely going to go for a heavy Engie/Medic at the start, just to support those who go for the light types. Also, add into that equation that I can have a minigun and it's a given :D

13. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Yea i wanted to go light class at first due to it being the class that can make full use of the SMART movement system, but then I realised probably everyone will be thinking the same way, so I think i will go soldier.

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Well, there's 10 characters available to make up, so there should be huge variation around which is nice to have. No 2 meetings should be the same :)

15. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I play CoD BLOPS at such a high paced speed that it's actually become impossible to aim at anything so that knifing everything has become a completely valid strategy. It doesn't do very well for my kill to death ratio though and I'm lucky that I can second guess people so quickly. It has led to an awesome killcam where I desperately aimed where I saw some guys on radar, guy was too far away to shoot quickly, ran round to the other side, shot a guy but he went into last stand, run back to the same side again and knife a guy in mid air as he JUMPs round the corner spraying all the time then run round the tank to knife the guy in last stand.

16. frontline

Gets its own TV Commercial :)

And next Tutorial Vid:

Last edited: 3 May 2011
  17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Class video from the Get SMART series.

9 days to go people.

Is there more interest in this that people are admitting to, or are people waiting to hear from the reviews once it launches in the states?

18. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Just pre ordered it today from GameGears. £22 is a steal even if it turns out to be average. I am really looking forward to it tho.

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Will, would you be interested in a Day 1 match? ZiiP vs Bit-Tech community.

20. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

Okay, I've joined the pre-order with this one from Amazon, its so much cheaper than Steam. And yes it looks like Outlands super updated.

I hope it's good, got stung with a pre order from a really bad game before.