1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics MSI 6850 Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GavinH, 1 May 2011.

1. GavinH

GavinH What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

I need to flash my GPU as I am getting an intermittent error message stating that the shader version is not supported and I have been advised by MSI to flash the card. I have the BIOS settings file supplied by MSI but I dont know which tool to use to flash it or how to do it.

I would need step by step instructions on the process and a link to a site for the tool. Can anyone help?

Many thanks Gav

2. HD6950 P5430

HD6950 P5430 What's a Dremel?

ermm heard about the HD6950 flash

would suppose that its the same as this
    http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/159

however if MSI gave you a file, ask them to explain!!!
    because if you mess it up, they could blame you, if you follow there instructions then you can blame them.

3. GavinH

GavinH What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Thats what I thought, I have asked MSI for a link to the tool to do the flash and step by step instructions but they're yet to get back to me. Do you know what would cause it to display the error message 'Shader version not supported'?

Cheers Gav

4. HD6950 P5430

HD6950 P5430 What's a Dremel?

Sorry... I am guessing now...
    But I would naturally say a driver update problem... rather than a GPU bios problem. However if MSI says that it is a bios problem, then they must know something!

5. GavinH

GavinH What's a Dremel?

Yeah I thought a driver issue, MSI told me to install the latest drivers which I had already done. Then they told me to flash it... which they still haven't replied on a process or a tool to use for the flash.
    Thanks for the reply anyway dude

Tags: