1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Graphics card woes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by warejon9, 4 May 2011.

1. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

Hi,
    I've got two 5850's in xfire and i use them for folding, they will quite happily fold for days on end, as long as they don't get too hot. However when i quite folding i get a driver refresh, and then if i go and do anything with graphics acceleration (even ff4) i get a BSOD saying some part of the graphics driver has crashed.

The graphics cards are at stock settings, and the CPU is overclocked, however it should be stable due to running prime 95 for 24+ hours.

The only thing that i can think of is that when the graphics card change their clock profiles something goes wrong... or that when my 1090T changes pStates it doesn't get enough juice and crashes.

Any help is much appreciated :)

2. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

is it running the latest cc? its pretty pants in my opinion

3. daveh84

daveh84 What's a Dremel?

Run a driver sweeper then carry out a fresh install of the latest drivers, 11.4.

4. warejon9

Well i'm running 11.4, and i've noticed that when i close FAH afterburner reports GPU 1 usage at 99%, guessing it is some kind of bug? I think i heard rumours it was only with the latest one but not too sure, can anyone advise?

5. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

I was getting something similar recently with the 11.4 preview driver, could play games for hours on end but then when exiting the game and launching a web browser or playing flash video etc, it would occasionally bsod, just after a 'display driver stopped responding' error. I tried a few things, one of which was updating to the latest full WHQL release of 11.4 on AMD's website, which seems to have fixed the problem.

6. warejon9

Yea, i'm thinking its some kind've bug :S I've tried doing a fresh driver install twice now, which hasn't helped, and at one point i thought that i'd lost my raid drives, which was a bit of a flap. Its a bit annoying cos i can't fold atm, due to as soon the wu ends, when the next one starts, bsod.