1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Microsoft begins distributing Windows 8 to OEMs

Discussion in 'Software' started by GoodBytes, 31 Mar 2011.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Ok this is interesting.

So as many already know already, it seams that Windows 8 will be able to be made into a Live disk:
    [​IMG]

I previously showed onto a different thread the patent of a new boot feature for Windows by Microsoft. Well this is possibly it!
    [​IMG]

New Disk Clean up panel
    [​IMG]

2. GoodBytes

Windows 8 touch log-in:

Date and Time position looks better.
    Wireless and battery status is shown.
    Cool log-in animation

3. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

[​IMG]
    From winrumors

Black screen of death, should be nice if they make it easier to see the error code that pops up.

4. GoodBytes

Nice find!

I really like this BSOD (Black Screen of Death). because it's simple. It give you the code, the file name, and it's not blasted with a full page of text that looks scary. They should, however disable auto-restart by default. If their is a BSOD, it will happen again. The days of random BSOD's by Windows are over. BSOD's are linked to drivers and hardware failure, so it is important to read them.

5. GoodBytes

History vault:
    [​IMG]

BSOD in action:

What is interesting is the "Sending to Microsoft" process of the BSOD.
    AND there is a few second delay so that your can actually READ the message.

6. Zetax

Zetax What's a Dremel?

Would rather they spent extra time on it tbh. No need to rush it out when windows 7 is satisfying every customer atm.

7. GoodBytes

8. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Nice work in keeping the thread Up to date Goodbytes.

Love the user name in the log in video :hehe:

9. GoodBytes

Windows 8 will allow drag and drop files on the crumb bar:
    [​IMG]

Log-in pastern option exists:
    [​IMG]

Genuine Center:
    [​IMG]

10. Walibe

Walibe What's a Dremel?

Second the comments on the MCITP! Alot of business have and are moving away from XP - Because support ends for SP3 - Its lifed. Having said that I'm in the RAF and we all know of a certain plane that had/has a reliance on a certain NT OS.

11. GoodBytes

I think Windows is an excellent OS environment. The problem and why the bad image, is the company that does electrician sign and both powered by Windows, they don't give 2 *** about testing. They assume "Oh the drivers are installed, it's ready to ship, and when you see these error and BSOD as a person that walk the street, it gives a bad impression, as if Windows has problems, and not-reliable. So businesses tend to go with Linux. While Linux is good, and free, as it doesn't have full support, it makes the company start investing heavily on testing for their product.. so the end result is that the system is good. It's not that Linux is better, is that it's been tested, while when it was under Windows it was not. Also, of course, it has to do with configuration. When I see the install printer driver dialog box on an ATM machine... that is just sad. Or the OS is set to auto-run any removable drive programs, and has easy to access USB port... I mean common.. it's asking for a virus. Not to mention, never updated OS, outdated drivers, cheapo quality hardware to maximize profit, and the rest.

Like right now, being honest... how many of us ACTUALLY had a genuine problem with the OS that was not a hardware that failed. Granted we could have a virus infection.. but that is because we become careless for a short moment. Considering that we use our computer everyday, and we insert USB memory keys and surf and download on the web A LOT... I think it's pretty good.

12. knarF

knarF Noob

Damn, don't even own and PC with Win 7 on yet and they're already working on the next one. Almost makes me tempted to wait.

I've used Win 7 a few times, and it's a massive improvement over Vista for sure, but here i'm not really seeing that they've changed all that much in Win 8 yet to make you want to spend £80 upgrading to it from 7. From here (i've only skipped through the screenshots to be fair, not took an in depth look) they just seem to have moved a few things around that they pretty much could have just included in an update to Win 7 with a service pack or something.

The only OS i've ever had get totally crippled on me was Windows ME, after about 6 years of abuse by me, my brother and my dad, none of who knew anything about computers then, the poor thing just gave up booting after a while.

13. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

Has there been any more news on Win8? Everything seems to have gone very quite...